Litter Training a Baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The litter box should just sit on the ground - having it off the ground is probably counter productive. I would use litter, not those litter pearls - Carefresh, Yesterday's News, or wood stove pellets are all excellent litters. Put hay in the litter box.

Yes, having babies at 3 months old would probably kill your doe. Do not risk it. There are plenty of ways you can set up a cheap temporary cage (or permanent one) with NIC grids. And then you don't have to drive 200 miles.

Sarah93 wrote:
I really dont want me doe to become pregnant at three months because of the chance of it killing her, I know its not good for them...but do you guys think it would for sure kill her?
I'm just worried about it...

From what I've seen of her size at this age - yes - getting pregnant at 3 months old has a large chance of killing her - I'm thinking at least 75% chance. I bred lionheads for about 3 years and had about 100 litters.

If you can't get the cage you like right now - possibly you can get another cage - and then use it later when you wean the babies. That would be the best thing for your doe.

Ok so my bun has figured out, for the most part, that the litter box is where he should go. But he only understands it when he is in the cage. When he is out of the cage (right next to the cage), he completely forgets and doesn't go into his cage to pee or poop.

What should I do?

Latest posts

Back