Litter Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaGal

Reaction score
Sorry for asking yet another question but the more I read the more I have to worry about doing right:)

Before we brought Thumper home, I picked up some pellet rabbit litter,. It worked fine but I have to go somewhat out of my way to get it, the bag is small and it was somewhat expensive especially since he will one day probably very soon be too big for the smaller litter box and will have to use the large one I have. I also change the litter completely every other day.

Right now I am using Natural Critter Care sold at WalMart. It is listed as a pet bedding. It gets tracked around somewhat and now when I clean the litter box there is always some smeared poop on the bottom which did not happen with the pellets.

The day after bringing Thumper home I did run to Southern States to purchase kiln dried wood pellets for horse stalls. After arriving home I noticed (the worker got it and placed it in my truck since it was in the warehouse portion of the store) it does not say kiln dried on it.

It is Southern States brand. Premium pellet bedding. 100% natural soft wood pellets. Pleasant natural aroma.

Would this be safe to use? I know there are issues with woods due to resporitory issues. It definately has an aroma. I want to use what is safe and if this isn't I'll just give it to my neighbor for his horse and try to find something else.

Maybe you could find out online from the manufacturer. I'd guess it was ok, as I can't imagine it contains cedar. If Thumper doesn't disturb the litter much, you could use this in the bottom & something else on top.

Latest posts

Back