litter pan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph16

Reaction score
I am moving in about a week. I am taking my bunny in a carrier for about 10 hrs each day. He will definitely have to pee and pooh during that time. I don't really wanna buy a new litter pan for him, cause I don't think there is one small enough to fit in his carrier.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could use? I was thinking of cutting an edge off of one of my ziplock containers, but I don't want him cutting himself on the sharp plastic.

Any idea's would be helpful :biggrin:

You could melt the edge of the container after you cut it to dull it.

Or maybe a sandwich-sized ziplock? Not sure how big your bun is.

Sorry I don't have any better ideas.

good idea.... I was thinking of dulling them with a nail file, but that will work too... might smell, but I will get used to it.

K so I made the little litter pan... hopefully it will work. I am also hoping he wont munch on it. I didn't melt it though, used a nail file.

Honestly, I kind of doubt they would use a litter box in the carrier. I have a small corner box that kits into Korr and Amelia's carrier. They really don't use it any more than just peeing in the carrier. I really only use it to have it for agility events so I don't have to have it separate out of the carrier.

I would just make sure you have something absorbent on the bottom of the carrier and bring extra so you can change it. I tend to do a layer of newspaper, then an absorbent cloth with a fleece pet blankets on top. This is pretty absorbent and easy enough to switch out as needed. If you will be travelling for more than a day, bring an extra set of stuff. You could even wash it and let it dry overnight as well. You could also just lots of newspaper with the fleece over top and just take out the soiled paper as needed.

If you have to stay at a hotel or something, have a litter box for there. If is also important to bring something to cover the floor and a pen to contain your rabbit.

Yeah I have the hotel covered. I was going to build a little cage in the bathroom, so he can hop around and probably let him run around the room while I am in there.

I just really want something in there so that he can pee. I doubt he will use it, he will probably just nudge it and move it. Tried to wedge it in, but we will see. I also put some hay in with it so he can munch on something, and it came with this awesome little convenient water dish too.

He will probably hate me, but when isn't that normal?

Latest posts

Back