Litter of Silver Fox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, funny how when one life ends so many more begin

OMG I can't wait to see them all! *cathy better show me those mini-rex babies!!!*

It's hard to find Friday the 13th names but I did think about other superstitions......

Broken Mirror 7 years of bad luck: Mirror for a kit that looks a lot like or acts like Mama.

A Cricket in the house is good luck: Cricket

A Frog in the house is good luck: Froggy

Putting Salt at the doorway keeps evil out: Salty

Lucky 7: Seven

4 leaf Clover good luck: Clover :)

Doves are good luck: Dovey

Find a Penny and pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck: PENNY :)

Horse shoes are good luck: Shoey

Skip the cracks to avoid breaking your mother's back: Skippy

A chimney sweep coming towards you is good luck: Sweeper

Jeeze, I am still waiting on my last doe to pop. I know she took, cause I can feel at least 2 in there.

My first had a litter of 8 and I'd really like to foster a few off, the bigger buns seem to be getting all the milk. Greedy little devils ;-)

The Silver Fox litters are doing real well this morning. As of last night, they weighed about 3 oz. each (at 48 hours old). There are 5 in each litter, and they are pretty even in weight.

Here are some Photo's of them at 2 days...
litter1-1.jpg

There is one with a tiny white blaze on it's head. (I have heard that that may shed out as the rabbit grows. If it doesn't, it will not be showable.)
litter1-2.jpg

litter1-3.jpg

Look at their fat lil bellies!
litter1-4.jpg

litter1-5.jpg

litter1-6.jpg

litter1-7.jpg

So cute!!!

Yes the blazes sometimes molt out so don't give up on them until their first molt has come and gone. One of my lines actually carries that trait so almost all the kits were born with blazes... I know mom's molted out so I'm not too disheartened about it, but I would have been pretty shocked if I hadn't seen her as a junior.

My other doe finally kindled this morning. Another 6 babies, bringing my total to 14. :)

clevername wrote:
My other doe finally kindled this morning. Another 6 babies, bringing my total to 14. :)
Congratulations! 6 is a good sized litter. Yeah, I heard about the blaze getting shed out. This one has a tiny lil strip... We'll see.

Aww!! What cutie-pies!!! :D

They are 7 weeks old today, all about 3 lbs each. Mostly black with the softest baby fur! But their silvering is just starting to show on their bellies and feet... (They are marked in their ears with Marking Pen for now.)

One of the boys (#6):
7weeks-1.jpg

Girl (Number 1):
7weeks-2.jpg

Curious boy 6:
7weeks-3.jpg

Doe number 3:
7weeks-4.jpg

This is where the silvering is starting to show...on the belly.
7weeks-belly.jpg

This is their sire's fur... Navaho is a wonderful boy!
Navahofur.jpg

Latest posts

Back