litter habits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaymas

Reaction score
Lupa has been very good with doing her business in her litter box, a few stray poops every now and then but thats to be expected right? A few days ago I noticed more poops than usual in her cage...and now there are more than usual in her pen. It seems like there are more poops outside of the litter box than there are in it now. I've tried moving it back to the litter box hoping that she'd realize what was going on but nothing has changed.

Any tips to get her to go back to having good litter habits?

My rabbit Beauty has been getting worse about it as well lately. She is over a year and a half old. I have a vet appointment for both bun buns tomorrow and then they will get spayed next week. I am hoping that that will fix the problem. Good luck with your rabbit. Maybe you could add a second or third litter box to the cage?

Buster always leaves little poops around his cage, but for the most part 99% go in the litter box. I'd consider that litter trained :)
Whenever I clean his litter box I just pick them up with a tissue and throw it in with the rest. It doesn't seem to bother him that there's poop around his cage, so that's cool with me. :p

I read online that no bunny is perfect, so it is usual for them to leave some around. His are usually where he eats. I think he just gets so excited he's eating such delicious greens he just has to go!
:laughsmiley:

Good luck!

Has anything upset her, like a rearrangement of things in her environment? Are the poops the same size they previously were? Are they mostly in a single place? If so, you could add a litter box there.

Nothing has changed since she got here. And its more so all over the place and then right in front of the door to her cage, on the ramp out of the cage and right at the bottom of the ramp. I'm going to add another litter box in her pen and see if that helps at all

Latest posts

Back