Litter habits suddenly weird?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YashiJ

Reaction score
I got rabbits 2 weeks ago. The first week their litter habits were great With only poop reaching outside. This week I’ve noticed pools of pee in other places almost everyday now. Is this normal? Should I give them time?He’s only been peeing inside the pen but still I’m a little concerned? It’s not all near the litter box and usually it’s where on of them sits all the time. The people at the shelter said their litter habits were near perfection. Is it because they are new? Should I give them time? How should I deal with it?

Put a litter box where he go all the time or just keep on cleaning and hope he will stop. But peeing somewhere else can also be an indication that somethings wrong. I wouldn’t be that worried when it have only been two weeks. One of my bunnies I had for nearly two years still urinate on different spots sometimes, specially if he’s eating something and not being in the litter box and a few drizzles where he often sleep.

For him it’s just accidents and not habits to go where he go.

I know that sometimes having more than one litter box will make it easier for the bunnies to run to their places and your bunny maybe have decided that spot is a spot where he should go 😂

I have a grid on the side of the box that I just removed because I was thinking maybe they weren’t able to get in from there.

Latest posts

Back