Litter habits after neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
Floppy has never had a problem using his litter box. Hewould leavethe occasional poo around and sometimes would have a field day on the couch but for the most part they were always in the box.

Since his neuter he is pooing all over his cage. There are poos in the litterbox, but they are also everywhere else. It's been two weeks since the surgery and he is acting 100% fine, like his old self except his litter habits. Is it possible being neutered had the opposite effect on my bun? So I am constantly picking up the poos and throwing them into the box. I thought at first he was sore and didn't want to hop into the box but it's been two weeks now and he is binking all over the house. He can get into the box. Why is he being a butt head?

. . . .:rabbithop. . . . . . . .:sweep

Maybe he's trying to tell you something? ;)

Actually, Bo was so good for a long time but then I got Tony.

I would take a photo but just picture polka dotted floors whenever he's out playing. :X

I don't think its that. We only have the two... I thought origionaly he was sore and didn't want to hop into the box, so now you think he's still mad at me? He sure isn't mad at me come feeding time! I guess he's just being Mr. Attitude. "Its my floor and I'll poop on it if I want to" "Now you slave hurry up and clean it!" :p

I went through the same thing with Devon after his neuter. After a week or so of placing all his stray poops back in the litter box, he seemed to "get the message" and regained his litter habits.

You know, Bo didn't go to his box for a time after his neuter. INFACT.... I remember thinking that he probably associated the litterbox with the pain since he was probably tender.

SO..... it might be an issue of making him realize it's not the box that caused the pain?

TREATS! That's what I Did....... You want cilantro? you get in your box to get it.

bunnydude wrote:
I went through the same thing with Devon after his neuter. After a week or so of placing all his stray poops back in the litter box, he seemed to "get the message" and regained his litter habits.
This is the route I've been trying. I gave him his first week free since I know he was tender. But since then I've been picking them up and throwing them in the box. I hope he "gets it" pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Back