Litter Box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLover

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,
I was wondering if I could switch my rabbits litter box, he has had it for a long time now but it is getting really old and dirty. He is about 3 or 4 yrs old, I don't know if he will like, and I don't know if he will get mad a me or something, my sister said I should not switch it but she has never had a rabbit.... I don't want to buy a litter box and then he does not like it, Could I train him to use a knew litter box? I don't know what to do, Also I was wondering what you guys put in you rabbits litter box other then hay, Thanks for the help,

-Bunlover

I’m no expert, but I think that It’d be fine. If anything you could put some of his poop in the new litter box so that it smells like where he should be going to the bathroom, and put the new one in the same place. I don’t put anything other than hay my rabbits’ litter boxes, but I also clean them at least twice a week. I don’t know if litter lessens the amount that you need to clean them.

Of course you can switch! Just put it in the same spot as the last one. I put Hay and wood stove pellets in my litter box with a pee pad underneath. (they have no interest in chewing the pee pad) You could also get the same version of your old litter box. Bunnies love big litter boxes! So if you get a large plastic container it would be easier to litter train him. I trained my bunnies by when they pooped outside the litter box I put it in their litter box. Or if they pee outside the litter box I soak up the pee and put it in the litter box

Thank you for this great info, We have two cat litter boxes, could I clean out the litter box and but hay and some of his poop in there and see what he does?

Okay Thanks so much. I will try them as soon as I get the chance to go to the store, Or order them, ;)

I can't clean out the cat litter boxes today but can I use this bin? Is it to small? Here are some pictures,

Attachments

• IMG_3941.jpg
    IMG_3941.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 5
Back