Litter Box Training.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnysmom

Reaction score
We are almost through with Bunny's newhutch. It measures 8 feet long, 3 feet high, 2 feetwide...two stories. My whole plan was to get her used to usand her new home, build her new hutch and then get her in it and startwith litter box training.

I have been reading up on litter box training...and I'm a littleconfused. What I have read states to place the litter boxwhere the rabbit usually uses the bathroom. Well, Bunny usesthe bathroom EVERYWHERE.

She has no location of choice. It is all over her cage, and when she is out playing it is all over my house.

So, what do you do?

Whatever spot she uses as her toilet, scoop someof it up poop and pee and put it in the litter tray then put the traywhere she usually goes. I am in the middle of training my rabbit and heis being a pain at the moment lol but my other boy used his traystraight away

u can train her by putting the poop or pee(wiping with tissue, then onto litter box so she gets the smell,) (likewhat tracey said) or if she doesnt, pick up the poo/ pee and place in,then put her in and then pet her while she is in the box, then if shegoes in it, give her a treat. it takes some time, but hop itworks for u.:tongutwo:

Thanks ya'll. I will probably getstarted on it later on in the week. We aren't quite throughwith her new home yet, and I don't want to crowd her in the one thatshe is currently staying in.

I want to get one of those compact corner boxes. They look neat.

Latest posts

Back