Litter Box questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmoo06

Reaction score
How many do you have?
How often do you clean them?

and any other random things you feel like throwing in. I'm just curious. :)
I feel like I have too many. lol.

I have two, one in her cage and another in her carrier which is open for her when she has free time to run. Her cage litter gets changed every other day, and the other one depends on how much use it gets. As long as your buns use them, then you can't have to many.

Each rabbit has 1, so that's 7 litter boxes. They get scrubbed out once a week and scooped out once more a week. A few get scooped daily as well. I also have 2 in carriers (for the pairs) and those get cleaned as needed.
I don't use litter boxes in the pens as my rabbits won't use them. I do use puppy pads or absorbent cloths in the spots where they will pee.

I had four at one point, down to three at the moment 'cause I took one of the small ones out to deep-clean it and it's still sitting outside - they don't seem to miss it and only really use the two big ones now.

2 rabbits, 2 litter boxes....

Cleaned 2-3 times a day (I'm a bit of a neat freak)

I HAD 2 in their cage because they were small boxes and I have 2 rabbits in the cage. I also have a GIANT one http://www.tractorsupply.com/petmate-cat-litter-pan-jumbo-2424420 in my bedroom where they run. I was cleaning the ones in the cage every 4-5 days but it could have gone longer (I LOVE the beding I use. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JLPIWU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 it helps with the smell SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!) The litter box in my room I do not clean. The rabbits rarely use it (my new kitten uses it more and I clean its poop out of it when it happens) so it does not need to be cleaned much if at all.

Yesterday I switched litter boxes in the cage. I was digging around in my parents garage over the break and found a plastic bin that is about 24"x16" (if I can remember the demintions). It has sides that are under 6" so is perfect for them to get in and out of. I test drove it at my parents and did not have to clean it even after 5 days. So that box is in their cage now. I will probably be cleaning it 1x per week or so.

I agree that if your rabbits are using all the boxes to keep them out for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back