Lionheads up for auction at the Nationals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Just thought folks might like to see the link to the lionheads that are being donated for the auction at Nationals later this month. All I can say as I look at these photos is "wow...has the breed developed from the mule-eared, long-bodied ones I started out with"!!!

I think they will pick a certain number out of these donations for the auction...

NALRC 2011 Auction Donations

Wow, now those are some lionheads! I have to admit, when I first saw this breed a few years ago, I thought it will never work out. They look like mixes and didn't see any quality animals. Now, the breed has grown leaps and bounds! Beautiful rabbits, thanks for sharing.

What a tease. I've been looking to expand our rabbitry with Lionheads but I've herd some bad things along with some how to show things because they are not arba approved yet. So I had mixes feelings but I still want one atlease.

Theresa did great last year with her first presentation if I remember right. If she can make it through this year and next year - then they'll be a breed.

When I started breeding lionheads five years ago - people were saying back then that Theresa would be the one to get them passed. I think they're right...her quality is great.

I forget how many people are behind her in line with various colors (once she gets the breed passed - which I know isn't a guarantee). Something like 12 or 15 colors? I forget..

I cant wait. Ive really been interested into geting some and showing but from what I have gathered from one breeder was that her little girl was showing them in a local show and the judge told your daughter to go home and kill them. This I pzzzd me off because first, the breed is still being tweaked and groomed and also she was a little girl. Thats just horrible.

I think I would have punched the judge in the nose. Even if he didn't like the look of the rabbit there's no reason to tell a child to kill it! I think suggesting it would do better as a pet rather than for showing/breeding would be a more reasonable answer.

Oh wow... I know nothing about breeding and type but even I can see how far along they've come. They are lovely!

Looks like they have to narrow the selection down from the 19 that were offered - to 15. Looking at the choices - that will be tough. I know that they won't take two from a breeder ...so really its more like narrowing it down from 17 to 15....

Lionheads sure have come a long way! I must admit I have my favorite(s) on there...am glad I'm not going to the show or I'd want to bid!

Back