Lionhead question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starina

Reaction score
I am still looking into lion heads, so I can be completely prepared when I finally am in a situation to get one. I waswondering, how big are they. I have looked at Peg's blogs, but with Tiny being so big it is hard to gauge their size. Are they the size of Netherland Dwarves? My Tinklebunny is a "average" sized satin rabbit,is that going to be a problem?

~Star~

I'm not an expert on lion heads but my new little guy is only just over a pound. I have read that they mature to about three to three and a half pounds.

According to the lion head standard, the "ideal"size is 3.5 pounds if I remember right. I have some mamas that have gotten up to 5 pounds (those are my mamas that tend to have 7 and 8 babies) and I have some rabbits that seem to stay around the 2 pound or 2.5 pound area because of the dwarfing gene.

But I'd say figure on 3.5 pounds....just not sure what other type of rabbit is that size....

Sometimes they look bigger than they are 'cause of all the fur (if they're a teddy).

Peg

So they are little then? They can hold their own with a bigger rabbit right? I am thinking about getting a boyfriend for my TinkleBunny, once she is spayed of course.

~Star~

Back