Lionhead Nationals/ OSRBA May 6th/7th

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Well folks, I'm going offline for a bit as we're preparing for Lionhead Nationals and the OSRBA show on May 6th and 7th.

For those who are going to the show - the current count is 601 entriesfrom 56 exhibitors! This is awesome....Forty of those arefrom 9 youth exhibitors. I understand they also got moreregistrations in the mail on Monday...from what I've heard they'relooking into getting a 3rd judge...

I know we've got other great moderators in this area and on the board -so if you need anything - please feel free to post here and PM them ifneed be.

I will be peeking in and maybe replying everyone once in a while between now and May 3rd - but then I'll be gone till May 10th!

For those at OSRBA - Art & I will be wearing grey tshirts withour purple business card pattern ironed onto the front andback....please come by and see us! Make sure to not only sayyour name - but your screen name too if I don't recognize you!

Peg

P.S. I do hope to share some pictures of Puck's babies inTiny's thread later this weekend....Milina and Puck gave us a brokenblack and a chocolate otter!

Good Luck at Nationals! Also an early'Welcome to Ohio!' message!

I'll be there as well but will be quite busy! For both of mybreeds it's a triple show weekend plus I alwaysfind the timeto write. ;)So it wil be a 'little time to breath' kindashow. I found out tonight that a cousin is in the hospital and itdoesn't sound 'good' so I'm entering a low number incase I have toscratch at the last minute for a funeral. :?That andeveryone's in molt! :shock:

Amanda

good luck :clover: but hey, don't forget to have fun!

:hug:

(and hope everything's okay with your little nephew, Amanda--I'm hearing he's better, hope that'sthe case!).

sasand the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousinAmanda. Your family has had so much tragedy. I'llbe praying for your cousin's recovery.

Pam

Baby Calvin is fine right now but when I wrotethat message it didn't look 'too good'. He's still in the hospital buthis problem of turning blue, shallow breathing and rapid heartbeat werecaused from milk going into his lungs. It was sure scary thoconsidering we don't have much time with him to begin with because ofhis chromosome problem.

Baby Calvin is stable and going to Mini-Convention is still 'on'. :D

So now that I've got more then a 'few minutes' for message boards I was wondering how OSRBA went for everyone!?!

:elephant:

I had a blast writing for9-10 hours the whole weekend with 8of the hours being on Saturday while on 3 hours of sleep! Our breednationals had it's first 'Dwarf Hotot Breeders' gathering in 4 years.All went well there and it was a total blast! Our hotel was great eventhough it was expensive! Even though I wrote I'm not sure how myrabbits placed LOL!

So before OSRBA I went over to meet 'Calvin' my cousin's son for thefirst time and glad I did! Saturday night of Mini-Conventionhe started having breathing problems. By Sunday night he wasbad enough he had to go to the hospital for sure! So at 4 am on MondayCalvin and his mother were on the way to the hospital. Calvindied Tuesday at 7:07 am with hissibilings on his side. So thevisitation and funeral were this past Friday and Saturday. We are justthankful for the 5 weeks the family had with Calvin. Loosinga loved one is hard but it just seems so much harder when it's aninnocent little baby in the casket that looks like a bread box.

So anyways... I hope all had fun at Mini-Convention!! I know I did andit was a much needed break from reality even tho I was slammed when Igot back!

Amanda,

I'm so very sorry to hear that little Calvin is gone. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Pam

I think I've FINALLY recovered enough to say "I'm back"! WOO HOO!

We had a 2 day drive to get to OSRBA (24 hours but we were on the roadabout36 hours with pulling over to sleep, etc).

Then the show - which was exhausting..

Then the 2 day drive back...:laugh:

Then - the next day Art went to pick up the kids at college - wound uphaving two flat tires on the car on the way home (son ran over a deadanimal or something and that caused many of the problems Iguess).

I had to unpack animals (we brought back more than we took and I boughtan additional 5 rabbits that I hadn't planned on) and find cages (ha haha ha ha). :roflmao: At least I now have mybreeding pair of magpies I've wanted...

Then we turned around and did a show 3 hours away last weekend because they've never allowed lionheads before...

So I think I'm finally starting to pull myself out of "exhaustion" mode...yeah!

I better do it soon too - because Sport (vienna marked harlequin doe w/one blue eye and one brown eye) is nesting - as are a couple of otherdoes.

Then - in about 10 days - all the new girls should start nesting too...

Joy oh joy!

Well - back to adding more hay to some cages as the girls are wanting MORE hay for their nestoxes..

Peg

Welcome back Peg!

I made it to the Lionhead area one time as it was literly on the othercorner of the building from where my breeds where located.Ya'll Lionhead people where having a meeting when I was 'near' and itwas my only chance to leave my area. Once I returned back to my area Iwas handed a pen and shoved backbeind the judgestableLOL! Well, not literly but they asked me to get backbehind the table since I volunteered all my time on Saturday towriting. I did my breed and said 'cya'! LOL!

I was hoping to hook up with more people, butthe weekend just flew by. I judged an angora specialty onSaturday and our club had a meeting after. Spent the rest ofthe weekend at our club booth.

Brought home some nice Hollands and looking forward to babies out ofthem. We had a Holland buck (Dallas) in the coops that was"Mr. Congeniality" all weekend. He begged everyone to pet himand give him treats. When he was ignored, he'd sit down andgive a big sigh. Everyone love him!

Enjoyed the judges conference Friday evening. Wish morepeople would attend -- lots of great info and open to thepublic. Leo Collin's presentation on the Mini Satins wasreally interesting. Eric Stewart talked about the texture anddensity of Mini Rex fur and had some specimens for us tofeel. Cathy Patrick discussed show rules. Rusty W.did Mini Lops, Ruth Ann Bell didTans, Josh Humphries did agreat presentation on handling Brits and I helped Todd Naragon with theHollands.

Pam

I have joked that next year I'm wearing a tshirtsaying, "I'm NOT Peg"...because every time I'd go to watch thejudging..someone would say, "Are you Peg? So and so wantsyou.." or "Peg, I'm ready to go and need to give you your rabbits.." or"Peg..do you have time to talk?".

I loved the show (once I got through it and thought aboutit). But I'd pulled a ligament in the back of my right leg onThursday night and so I was in pain and limping a lot and just sort of"lost" as I'd never been at a cooped show and didn't know you had towrite the coop number in ears, etc. etc.

I felt bad 'cause I wanted to really meet folks and get to talk to them (other than just the lionhead breeders).

For those who make it to ARBA in Fort Worth - I'll be the one in chargeof the lionhead booth (I know...Oh Lord...what HAVE I gotten myselfinto?).

Peg

Wow I think I might actually have time to replynow! I've had a window opened up a couple of times with a few wordstyped and then I'd have to go run off and do something LOL!

It seems like whenever one has 'plans' to meet new people it neverworks out! I know I passed Pam and Stepha few times butdidn't have time toeven say'hi'! It was definitelynot a social weekend!

I wanted to go to the judgesconference so badbut inorder to get Saturday night off I had to work Friday night. I would'veloved to hear Cathy's presentation!

Good luck with the Lionhead booth Peg! I wanted to go to Texas but itjust doesn't look like I'll be able to go.Mom wants to gojust to go and not take rabbits so we can visit with friends fromTexas! The followingyear it's back in home turf so I'll be atARBA Convention in 2007. Gonna start savingupforthat since I'll have to get a hotel for Michigan!

There was a Thriantathat wasa Mr. Congeniality thatweekend as well! He'd be content but as soon as he'd seesomeone walking towards him he'd stand up on his hind legs and justlookaround! He got the eyes of a lot of people because of hisbreed AND his personality. I wanted to take that littleguyhome! LOL! Instead I endedup with a Lionhead. ;)

Oh man.....and I brought a ton of harlequin bucks! (My harlequins frequently have the split down the face, etc. etc.).

Oh well....

Peg

Ahhh......if I had more time I would have hunted you down!

When we went to ARBA convention I exchanged cell phone numbers withsome forum members of multiple boards and ended up meeting up with alot of them. I didn't even think about doing that forMini-Convention since it's such a 'small' show compared to ARBAconvention. Inprevious years they've had the 'smaller' breedsneareach other butthis year is was alittledifferent in that department. I was near theThrianta's, Polish and of course the DH's and not sure what was on theother side of the DH's. I hardly went past that row since the doorright beside us we an easy way to access to the truck. I've honestlynever felt so sheltered from the rest of the breeds! LOL! It was a mazejust getting to the rest rooms from our little 'corner'. We had togothrough show table areas or cage supplier areas both hightraffic areas! However, our direct little area was nice and 'quiet' soto say!

But... I had fun writing so that's all that matters!

Well, it's time to head off to the dreaded word...work! LOL!The town is having a festival this weekend and my resturant is easilyaccessed from the festival. So people come to us to get food since it'smuch cheaper then the 'fair food' so to say! Not looking forward to itLOL!

Cute Photo!

Now exactly where is that rabbits' face? :whistling

Hey, maybe you could be of some assistance to me LOL! Ivolunteered myself to write our fairs rabbit royalty tests forprince/princess and king/queen. However,when I came home Irealized I 'tossed' all of my previous tests.

So now I'm running around trying to find resources to pull questionsfrom LOL! Not to mention I can't find my 'Rabbit Resource Handbook'that OSU puts outwhich is where many of the questionsgenerally come from! I know I'm gonna slam the king/queen with geneticsand meat pens. But beyond that I'm clueless LOL!

I've got a database of about 400 rabbit& cavy questions, but I wrote and referenced them for the PAState Rabbit bowl, so I can't distribute them.

I do have some questions listed on my site though.

Pam

Latest posts

Back