Lionhead - Elops? (hypothetical)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FascinaRabbits

Reaction score
Anyone out there thinking it's immoral this is only a hypothetical. Wahy would it look like if you bred a lionhead to an elop? I ask this because those are my two favorite breeds and both have defining characteristics.

Because the offspring would be single mane - there is a very good chance that the mane would molt out and not come back.

I think it would be a mess. Besides the facts that Peg just listed, it def wont come out with specific breedings over time to what you are expecting.

hmmm those would be strange looking rabbits!! i breed both those breeds not together of course lol i always make sure doors are shut tight when someone is out playing so those mix ups dont happen!

The problem is their type isnt atall simular- ELop has a flyback coat, semi-arch body type, etc... So it would take many, many generations of cross-breeding to get a quality mix. I agree wih GorbyJob, it would be just a hot mess!

Back