Lion head rabbit wont stop sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh okay if the anti inflammatory are working that's great 😃 glad he is eating on his own

He may simply be allergic to hay. Some rabbits are and people feed them the compressed hay cubes instead of hay. It could also be the litter in his tray, I would try switching that out too with something basic for a short while like the compressed newspaper pellets.

He may simply be allergic to hay. Some rabbits are and people feed them the compressed hay cubes instead of hay. It could also be the litter in his tray, I would try switching that out too with something basic for a short while like the compressed newspaper pellets.
I changed 5 types of hay ( in Romania there is no cube hay). The litter is not the problem either.

Today we were to the vet, it gave him antibiotics, some kind of bromhexin for rabbits, and some B vitamins. 5 days I'll have to go to the vet. I really hope he'll be ok.
Thank you all for the support.

Aw I hope it starts to work how is his sneezing ??

He sneezed a little less. I really hope it will work, and he'll be the happy bunny it was. My joy :D

Aw glad let me know how he gets on with antibiotics 🐰

Somehow we are better. We still have to take some drops in the nose for a while, but hope for the best.

I have a question: my husband wants a cat ( a small one, 2-3 months), how do you think it will go with them? Can they get sick from each other? Will they go along?

Starting yesterday he's back with the sneezing, being not himself.
Because here is cold, we started heating the room. Bought a humidifier because I thought this may be an issue. Still not a change. Maybe not so often the sneeze, but still very upsetting.
Last night he woke me up at 5 o'clock. He sneezed 16 times in a row.
Any suggestions? So my love can be ok again?

Latest posts

Back