Links related to animal abuse

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ofelia

Reaction score
70% of people who are cruel to an animal would have no problems being cruel to another human being.

nearly 40% of people who are cruel to animals are involved in some other kind of criminal activity.

If a family household is cruel to their pets, the chances of child abuse present in the house nearly triples.

Have just read the SPCA reports advertised in a magazine that summarize the worst cases of animal cruelty for 2008/9 so far and although I am thrilled to be involved in animal care, I feel so sad/angry/fearful/confused and outraged at just the thought of humans being so blindly cruel and negligent.

God help us...... why??? what the heck for??

"We must fight against the spirit of unconscious cruelty with which we treat the animals. Animals suffer as much as we do. True humanity does not allow us to impose such sufferings on them. It is our duty to make the whole world recognize it. Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace."

-Albert Schweitzer

It's truly depressing when you think of all the animals suffering in the world at any given moment. While it's important to recognize this because closing your eyes and pretending their pain does not exist is wrong in it's own way; it's equally important to not dwell on it. So many people are cruel to animals, but so many people are also out there being their voice and fighting for their welfare. Many days I feel the same way you do. I'm angry, frustrated, sad, scared and helpless... but then I look at all the wonderful creatures that share our home. Almost all of them being rescues. While it's a small victory, I know I made an impact in their once darkened lives.

Volunteering also helps me keep my spirits up. It's sad to see so many rabbit's with such horrible pasts, but wonderful to help care for their daily needs and see the wonderful life they now have.

Oh I agree, I am seldom down for long although my post was rather gloomy...just a few minutes ago, our latest success story (Wing) left his cage for the first time and came over to sniff my foot, he looked up at me and then dashed back to the safety of his "cage" (a nice roomy pet carrier which he is reluctant to venture far from).
Now that his bottom is a little less sore form his close shave, he is coming out of his shell...a remarkably sweet and curious little fella and I am already certain that he will stay on and never be rehomed....this is now his new forever home...WELCOME WING :)

Latest posts

Back