Lily's nose.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwcily

Reaction score
I couldn't think of a title for this topic, but it had to do with Lily's nose, so well..

I just got back from playing with my Uncle's new dog (it's a Japanese spitz, by the way) and Lily's not having any part of it! She took a whiff of me when I first got back and bolted, like she was running away from a lion, or something.

I've already taken a bath (and made sure to be extremely squeaky), but Lily's still hiding underneath the sofa and refusing to come anywhere near me.

Could it be because I smell of dog? Does the smell of dog naturally freak rabbits out?

Some rabbits really don't like it, or it can even make them very frightened. I had been petting a neighbors dog and my rabbit got one whiff of my hand and wouldn't take her nightly treat until I washed my hands very thoroughly. Try bribing her with something tasty, or just sitting by her for a little bit, eventually she'll realize everything is ok.

Back