Lily & I say hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tohkie

Reaction score
Hello... so I guess this is going to be my first thread. :)
:rabbithop

I'm a college student, and I've had rabbits since... 3 summers ago? My first encounter with a pet rabbit was in korea when my grandma impulse-bought me a really cute baby rabbit when i visited her in korea. (later I found out it was a dwarf hotot). I was going through depression at the time, and I really do believe that little bundle of joy was my cure haha! Unfortunately, we had to give it away since I couldn't take it on the plane with me & my grandmother couldn't take care of it either.

Since then, I've adopted rabbits from my local shelter (Luv-N-Bunns in Broomall, PA).

And then this year, I found a sick rabbit at the petstore near my college. I'm not a fan of buying rabbits from petstores since I heard they don't treat them well and if you buy it, they will make money off of that, but... this rabbit was really different. As soon as I picked it up, I knew it had to be mine... we had a special connection...

Well, turns out it was really sick and was only like a month old... it had diarrhea for several days when I took it home and didn't eat anything... I really thought it was gonna die, but at least it'll die in peace and not in the petstore where it was being poked at by little kids all day long. I didn't even name it cause I knew it would die & I didn't want to get attached to it.

But somehow, miracle happened, and now Lily the rabbit is thriving and is the most adorable, cutest, energetic bunny ever who loves to lick EVERYONE and loves being held and petted (whoever heard of a bunny that liked being held??)

And she's never had an accident outside of her litter box.

33p64iq.jpg

w8t1cy.jpg

Isn't she cute? I'm not sure of what her breed is... And actually not even sure if she's a girl or a boy... I want to get her (or him) fixed... I heard around 4 months is when testicles drop on a male rabbit?

So.. yea hello~ and what could her breed possibly be?

Welcome to the forums from me and my tans. She is a very cute baby. I'm glad she made it and found a way to your home. She is agouti and her color is also known as Chinchilla. I have a chin french lop they are my favorite color :) Not sure of her breed many breeds can come in the Chinchilla color. It will be easier to tell her breed when she gets older. Weight would possibly help and maybe a vet can estimate her age?

Welcome to the forum! :wave2

I adore Luv-n-bunns! Did you go to the Christmas party? I was there with Houdini, a graduate of their program. If you need a good vet in the area I go to Aardvark vet in Exton. Dr Thomas is fantastic! She even has pet buns of her own, so she stays on top of the latest and greatest.

Your baby is so cute! :inlove:

Looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

I'm actually not in Pennsylvania anymore... At indiana for my university. So this rabbit is from Indiana. But yes, I love Luv-N-Bunns. They really love & care for their rabbits :)

She's very sweet! She looks like a grey agouti to me, not chinchilla. You can check to see if she's chin, she'd have 4 bands of color instead of 3, black-grey-black-white tipped. She actually looks like a flemish-NZ cross to me, I just saw these the other day, 1 month old-
406689_294218040623551_199473156764707_842632_1097961640_n.jpg

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Very cute bunny!

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

If thats what she is, yeah, she'll probably be between 8 and 15lbs maybe? Alot depends on the parents, which of course you can't know. She's such a cutie!!

the fact she knew she had a mummy who would take care of her and a safe home is probably what kept that little one going strong! what an absolute beauty
she is lovely hun

Back