Licky licky bunbun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyMiyo

Reaction score
Now that Miyo and I are settled in, I decided to get her a friend so she has company during the day. She's a total snobby princess so I got some help at the shelter picking a submissive bunfriend for her. I ended up coming home with Rodney, a big tri-colored dutch sweetie! He's 6 years old, so it's quite the May-December relationship, but I don't think Miyo cares as long as he knows his place below her in the totem pole.

Well, as expected, Miyo has turned Rodney into her devout little worshipper. He's kind of shy, never lets me pick him up but follows Miyo everywhere. I've had him for five weeks now.

In the last week, I've noticed that whenever I lie down with my buns for some lovin, Rodney always hops over to my face and starts licking it. Miyo has NEVER done this, not in the six months since I rescued her grumpy wee bottom from certain death. I've read that licking is a sign of bonding and love, but it's odd that Rodney would already be attached to me after just a month! Especially when he still bolts when I touch him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm deeply flattered, it just seems almost dog-like. I'd sure like to think Rodney finds me super lovable! So I wanted to ask, do you guys think this is true bonding behaviour, or is it simply submissive-bunny behaviour, or is Rodney just a rare super sweetie with tons of love to give?

I believe it is a true bunny-bonding behavior. Most of my rabbits have done it shortly after i got them also... even as soon as 2 weeks after bringing them home. but they also may be because they're spoiled rotten :p

Latest posts

Back