Lickety Lickety

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephira

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to buns and my two girls, Mika and Sasha, are very young. I got them when they were 4 weeks old and they are now almost 6 weeks.

Although I'm concerned that they may have problems later on, right now, they seem to be ok. A few questions that I have are:

1. Why do they lick me all the time? I love it!! It's so sweet to me--is that the case or are they doing it for another reason?

2. How can I get them to poopie IN their litterbox instead of all over the cage?? They only pee in the box and poop some, but the rest ends up all over the cage. They are both inside in a large dog kennel in my bedroom. Their food and hay are set up to where they haveto get in to the litterbox to eat. (I learned that trick here!!) They are generally pretty good about only pooping once or twice when I let them out for excercise and play, too. Any other stuff I should be doing??

I think that's all for now!!! :biggrin2:

Wow, your babies were away from their mum really early. Normally it's recommended that they stay with mum for 8 weeks.

In terms of your questions,

1, Licking is bunny kisses :) She they are doing this because they love you.

2, They are very, very young, so will take time to learn. Also, when they hit adolescence it will probably get worse, but spaying should help. right now though, just keep persevering. Maybe try washing the places where they go, where you don't want them to, with a diluted distilled vinegar solution so that they don't think that is a place to go to the toilet.

In my experience it's impossible for bunnies to poop only in the litter pan. Some buns do it, but none I've owned. Age and spaying should of course help (as Flashy said).

At that age, they don't have much control over their poops. Not like they care. If you put their hay in their litterbox (or in a hay rack hanging into it), more of the poops will end up in the box. Put their food bowl next to the box too. Be glad that they pee in there!;)

And yes, licking is love!

Back