Lick,lick, lick!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agnesthelion

Reaction score
Agnes has turned into quite the licker! Haha. She is always licking me. She licks my arms, legs, hands, face...it's hysterical! For example, every morning I go down to see her. I stick my nose through her cage bars and she comes right up and gives me a morning lick on my nose. And then usually any time I'm petting her or hanging out with her...she comes up to me and starts licking.

Anyone else have a licker? :) is this an okay act of grooming or does anyone think it's a trait that should be stopped?

It doesn't bother me at all......just curious on if other buns lick like this.

agnesthelion wrote:
Agnes has turned into quite the licker! Haha. She is always licking me. She licks my arms, legs, hands, face...it's hysterical! For example, every morning I go down to see her. I stick my nose through her cage bars and she comes right up and gives me a morning lick on my nose. And then usually any time I'm petting her or hanging out with her...she comes up to me and starts licking.

Anyone else have a licker? :) is this an okay act of grooming or does anyone think it's a trait that should be stopped?

It doesn't bother me at all......just curious on if other buns lick like this.

I wouldn't stop it. It's truly a beautiful way a bunny can show you affection. I get licks on the nose from both Bunny Bear and Neville. It's just makes me melt.

Good for you! What an amazing relationship you and Agnes are building!

K:)

No I wouldn't stop it, she loves you! :) cookie isn't a huge licked BUT he does lick alot when he wants attention or has missed me! He did start becoming kind of obsessed with licking my ears before he was neutered and I had to stop that because it really freaked me out LOL idk I'm weird about my ears and it short of tickled and was annoying at the same time... But he is now happy licking my hair lol ;)

Becky loves to lick. Every night when I snuggle her she lays like a baby in my arms against my chest and licks my neck. Sophie has started to give kisses, but she will only lick feet. It really tickles! Neither of the boys are that into licking.

It really is the sweetst expression of affection. :)

Awww yay! Good to hear. I love hearing that she loves me :)

Yes, it does tickle! Their tongues are so light and dainty and soft.

Love:inlove:

My little Flower girl loves to give me my morning kisses anywhere on my face. Then of course she'll lick me when she wants to be pet some more, ahaha. I love her little kisses the most! C:

Gosh Larry I'm thinking with all her hair and that Vegas heat........;) ;)

Unless wait.....a Vegas vacation!? Ok then but we are a package deal! ':)(remember I have a 3 year old son...hehehehe)

Jess...that's cute that you call your bun your little flower girl. I call Agnes "my little Agnes girl!" and yes bunny kisses are the best. I'm glad to have heard from the experts ^^ that all these kisses are a good thing. I love them too!

I've only had my bun for a few hours but she licks me on the forehead. I didn't even know bunnies showed affection this way but I'm not complaining. I think its adorable!

WTFCas wrote:
I've only had my bun for a few hours but she licks me on the forehead. I didn't even know bunnies showed affection this way but I'm not complaining. I think its adorable!

Oh it is so adorable! And when she licks me on the nose, her breath smells like hay :big wink:

Rue is a licker. I love it. She has done it right from the day I got her at 5 weeks old. She will climb onto me to cover me in kisses. I love it! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside hehe... she licks my dog too which is amusing(I have a maltese so she doesn't shed).

Back