Letters to our new mama

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty, Drew and Bun Bun

Reaction score
Dear New Mama,

This is Dusty writing because Daisy is sort of hiding in a corner. You see...it seems like breeder mama made a mistake and Daisy....well...Daisy isn't so much a Daisy...but a Drew. I told Daisy you're going to change his name to Drew and he was so happy. He was afraid that some country singer was going to sing songs about "a boy bunny named Daisy" and how mamas shouldn't name their bucks after girls....I think he's much happier now.

Today we got taken away from our mama. All of us little boys got a cage of our own. Mama seemed happy about it - but we miss her. Of course, she's not been feeding us for a couple of weeks now. Breeder mama said she was moving us for "breeding control"...whatever that means. Mama said she didn't want any more kids and that was why it was time for us to leave.

But at least we're together!

There were four of us boys in the litter...well...three of us. Black Monster is this black otter that mama fostered ...so I can't really call him one of us ... now can I? My litter mates called me "Goldie" but I didn't like that - I like Dusty much better. Daisy/Drew was nicknamed "runt" by humans and by us...he likes his new name better I'm sure. Sniffle-snuffle is my nickname for another guy....Daisy called him "hey you" and I thought he deserved better than that. Mama called him "stinky" and gave him lots of baths.

Then there was our sister "Dot" - you know - like "Polka Dot"? Well....she doesn't have that many spots.

Anyway....us boys are together in a cage now. Black Monster just thumped off the breeder daddy for petting him through the cage bars....see why I don't count him as part of our litter?

Well, I think I see mama coming with the gourmet hay and she's about to serve supper - so I better stop typing and get ready to do one of my favorite things....

EAT.

Next time I'll let Drew write..

Dusty

Hehe!!

Hi, my two lovely boys!! :D

I'm so happy to hear from you! Yes, I know...we were sillyand got poor Drew's parts wrong. We humans call it "beingvisited by the gender fairy". Hehe!!

I'm so happy to hear that Drew is happy with his new name,though! Please tell him I'm sorry for the mistake, and willNEVER call him Daisy again. :)

Yeah, pretty soon you'll know what Breeder Mama meant by needing tomove you boys, hehe! I really hope you like the new cage,though! It must be fun hanging out with your brothers all thetime! :)

Wow...I'm so happy you and your brother will be living with me in a fewmonths! I'm so excited!! I can't wait!You're going to get all the best toys, and friends, and love, andcare...stuffies if you want them, rolly ball toys if you want them,blankies to shuffle and dig in, anything you guys want! Youjust be sure to let me know, ok? Because that's my job asMommy...to give you all the fun stuff you love, and more than enoughfood and things you need, as well as more love than you canhandle! :D

I think you'll find life here to be a dream come true!! Ofcourse, that's not to say that your life with Breeder Mama isn't trulywonderful and amazing, too! :D She knows just what you need,and is taking wonderful, wonderful care of you guys. I trusther with your every whim and need. :)

Ohhh...I just can't wait to see you boys!! You're going tomake such a perfect addition to our little family! The girls,though they wouldn't admit it under torture, are excited to have you asfriends, too. Two of them are a little too hormonal to admitthings like that, though. Hehe!!

Bunnies make life so beautiful...you just remember that, little one! :D

Love always and forever,

*New Mama*

Dear Momma,

This is Drew. I wanted to write you a note and told Dusty to go eat some medicine....so he did.

Guess what?

I likes my new name. Daisy was cute but Dot made fun of me. I kepttrying and trying to tell breeder mama that I wasn't a Daisy......butshe didn't understand my thumps and closing the door on her. I figuredif she was gonna call me names - I wasn't gonna let her in the cage.

I got to sit on breeder mama's shoulders today as she walked aroundlooking for her camera and stuff. Oh...she had a hand on me to makesure I was ok...but I was just fine.

We's moved into a new cage. Its smaller than our old one but we're gonna get a biggr one later this week. I can hardlys wait.

I got a taste of California today. Can I come right away? Wow - youhave good hay there. Mama said it came all the way from California justto make good little bunnies grow. It old her I'd grow just fine if Igot to go to California now! Dusty can stay here if he wants....I wantmore of that hay.

Oh...I wanted to tell you about the rest of us guys in the cage. Dustycalls Blackie "Black Monster" but you know what? I feel bad for Blackiesometimes...so I go and nip him. Its gotta be hard living with a familythat isn't yours though....I'm thinking I should maybe try to be hisfriend. What do you think? He's really kind of cute and he says he'sgoing to something called "Nationals" and "hio" next month 'cause he'sspecial. Still yet, I wonder if he's lonely 'cause he doesn't know hisREAL mommy. Oh well.

Then there is snuffle-uffle-gus. He hates that name...but he hates theother names he gets called too. He says his name is "ruler of theworld". Yeah...right. Still yet- he is warm to snuggle up to sometimes.He never yells at me like Dot did. He says that breeder mommy maybecome his real mommy...that they had a talk about it and she'sthinking about it. I told him his ears were too long but he said thatits true.

I didn't know a breeder mommy could become your real mommy too....butI'm happy you're going to be my mommy. This means that breeder mommy isgoing to take me out for pictures and videos lots of times and she saysshe might even use me for "reeding"..no..."beeding"?Something like that. Kinda like Dusty she said. Breeder dad said thatmight be a good idea in spite of my big ears. She said something aboutneeding a dwarf gene.....what about elves and goblins and stuff likethat?

Oh well, typing makes me tired and that hay smells so good. I hope thatCalifornia smells as good as my new hay smells. Breeder mommy saidwe're even going to get to take some on the plane she thinks as oursnack. I don't know what a plane is but if we get this yummy hay...itcan't be too bad.

I'll write more later.

Drew

P.S. Thanks for still wanting me even though I'm not a Daisy.I was so worried you might not want me but breeder mommy held me closeand said she was sure you wanted me. Promise me we won't tell the girlsthere about the pink hat I wore? I'll try to grow up enough to wearTiny's hat instead!

Dear Mama,

This is Dusty. I had to tell you what I did tonight. You will be so proud of me.

I helped breeder mama. I really did! She thought I was being a bad boy but she realized later I was only trying to help.

Our cage now only has 3 bunnies in it. You remember how she told youthat I was trying to dominate everyone by mounting them? Well, she didtry to tire me out on her desk and that was SO much fun...I played andplayed and played. Then I groomed myself and was starting to fallasleep when she picked me up and put me back in the cage.

Well...that's when I started flirting with Miss Bea 'cause our cage hadbeen put on the floor and she was chinning our cage. I kept sniffingwhere she'd been chinning - and I went back to trying to mount blackmonster.

The more mama watched - the more she realized that while black monsterwas only 8 weeks old..she wasn't fighting back and she acted like shewas lifting herself for me to mount her. So mama decided to check heragain.

Now..in mama's defense...when she had checked black monster earliertoday...she had told breeder daddy, "I can't tell for sure if this oneis a buck or a doe so I'm going to put it in with the bucks since itcan't get pregnant for a few more weeks while I watch it....and thatway it won't get Ohana pregnant."

So breeder mama did know that black monster *might* be a doe.

But I helped her figure it out....that she WAS a doe. Breeder mamachecked her again and then talked to another breeder. They talked abouthow strange it was that I was ONLY mounting black monster...and how itwouldn't be because of color. So breeder mama took her out and lookedat her some more (she got to play on breeder mama's desk then and sheeven got to send an message to the breeder friend when she landed onthe keyboard)...

and then breeder mama said, "ok" and put her back in with Dot and our mama.

So its just us boys now and I helped breeder mama realize the error of her eyes.

Aren't you proud of me? I wasn't just being a bad boy..

I was being HELPFUL!

Dusty

Dear new mama to Dusty and Drew,

I just want to point out that what most folks on here don't know - is Ihelped mama figure out that Daisy wasn't so Daisy-like when I chasedher out of my room and got mamathinking again.

I'm so glad that MY mama learned the truth.

I think Drew is too!

The BunFather

P.S. I'm not supposed to tell - but I think Miss Bea has acrush on Dusty. Mama told her "no"...but she told Baby (who Miss Beacalled Snookums) "maybe".

Hmm..

Oh, Sweet Drew...

You poor thing...I'm so sorry for the mixup! BUT...I'm SOhappy you like your new name, Sweetheart! :D Ipromise not to tell the girls about your pink hat phase. Theywon't catch a nose wiggle of it! :)

YES...the hay here smells so nice and fresh! We buy bales ofit as fresh as can be from a local farmer, so you'll get the nicest haypossible! :) You'll love it here...the house smellsof fresh, sweet hay, and the house is nice and quiet (except for whenthe smaller human is around and jumping and laughing, hehe).

I think you'll both have to giggle at the kitties. They playall the time, and just love to watch the bunnies, and I'm sure they'lljust LOVE to meet you! Well, Hobbes, anyway. He'svery friendly with the bunnies. Sunny...well, I can tell shelikes bunnies, but she sure does get jealous when I'm talking tothem! :) She especially likes to watch the girlseating their pellet food. I don't know why...but if one ofthem steps up to their food bowl, OFF she goes across the room to checkit out and watch them the whole time! :)

Even right now...Sunny (the girl kitty) is skittering around, playingwith her favorite toy (a stuffy of Emily's...Emily is the smallhuman). It's fun to watch! I know Flower enjoysit...she gets all excited and jumps around, trying to get them to playwith her.

It's fun to hear about your brothers (and sister...do you guys havemore than one sister?) and what they're like! :) Ican't wait to hear all about your bigger cage, and all the adventuresyou boys have!

Well, I better see what your brother had to write me! :)

All my love,

Mama

P.S. Don't ever worry about my not wanting you. Youand your brother are in my heart...and that is where you guys willSTAY! :D You're my babies...and I don't ever turnmy babies away. You're with me to STAY!! :D

GOOD BOY, DUSTY!!! What a helpful little baby you are!

I can understand how hormones make bunnies do strange things...so Ididn't mind hearing that you were all excited.Hehe!! Heck, Flower likes to try to mount her Chewb...which Ifind strange, but she sure enjoys doing! :)

I'm happy to hear that you helped Breeder Mama out with the big mystery! Good job!

Hehe...isn't life funny?

All my love,

Mama

Hehe...thanks for letting me know,Tiny! I do give you credit for trying to let her know...thatwas wonderful of you! :)

And as for Dusty and Miss Bea...I would be honored, and happy, if your mama decided they would make a good pair. :)

Thank you so much for looking out for my baby boys!! I really appreciate it! :)

Hugs!

Rosie* (AKA New Mama to Dusty and Drew)

The BUNFATHER wrote:
Dear new mama to Dusty and Drew,

I just want to point out that what most folks on here don't know - is Ihelped mama figure out that Daisy wasn't so Daisy-like when I chasedher out of my room and got mamathinking again.

I'm so glad that MY mama learned the truth.

I think Drew is too!

The BunFather

P.S. I'm not supposed to tell - but I think Miss Bea has acrush on Dusty. Mama told her "no"...but she told Baby (who Miss Beacalled Snookums) "maybe".

Hmm..

Hiiiiiii Texan bunnies. I'mTimmy. I just wanted to let you know that I am officially thehandsomest bunny boy in Southern California and wanted to warn youagainst trying to steal my title. You'll like ithere. We have good slaves who take care of us and it nevergets too cold. You can see me hanging out in the yard in myprotective pen in my Avatar. That was last month.The weather was warm with just the right breeze.

Dear Dusty's New Mama,

Are you SURE you want Dusty to move out there? He's sorta cute...and I like younger guys...

Breeder Mama (who is really MY mama) says it would be robbing the cradle...but I love to go hang out by his cage.

Tiny says I'm having a mid-life crisis....I say HE is the crisis.

Anyway, Dusty is REALLY cute....I may even share a treat with him later this week if mom lets me....

Miss Bea

Dear Mama,

This is Drew. Dusty and I didn't do much today so there isn't much totell you about. But we thought maybe you'd like to know about feedingtime here.

We both like feeding time. Mama calls it supper time - we call it"YIPPEE". We wait all day for supper - even if we still have food inour bowl.

Anyway, we get to eat our supper (or part of it) to music. Isn't thatfun? When breeder mommy gets ready to feed the rabbitry, she puts onher "feeding music". Now Miss Bea told us that this is a bunch ofsoundtracks that she got off the internet on some music thing. I thinkit is nice that she picked out music for us. Some of it is nice andsome of it is boring.

She always starts out our suppertime with one song - it is called"Alley Cat". I guess she couldn't find a rabbit song. She usually getsthe big bunch of girls in the rabbitry fed during that song. Then whileshe works on a bunch of cages we get to listen to other songs and itchanges every night. Dusty likes the Waltons but I like Superman. Iwonder if there is a song about a Superbunny?

Anyway...we get to listen to Hawaii Five-O and Beverly Hills Cop andMission Impossible and Magnum P.I. and The Firm, and Footloose andAirwolf and Dallas. Sniffle-Snuffle likes Dallas the best as he wantsto be an executive bunny like JR. But Miss Bea told him that JR gotshot and everyone wondered, "Who shot JR?"...so now he says he isstarting to like the X Files. I think that's because he's an alien indisguise.

Now that we're out in the dining room near the desk, we have to hearmore music before its our turn for supper. So sometimes we finish oursupper after mom turns off the music. But thats ok...at least we got tolisten to some of it.

Anyway,. that is what supper is like here. We get to listen to allsorts of music. Now I wonder what the tv shows and movies are like.Miss Bea says that they're OLD...just like breeder mommy.

Well...I better get back to eating as there is still a bit of oatmeal left in the bowl and I LOVE oatmeal.

Drew

P.S. I think Miss Bea is pretty but I don't know why Dustykeeps looking at her and sighing. I like Snookums...I mean....Baby. Shelooks more like me. But I know...I'm too young to be thinking aboutgirls...yet.

Dear New Mama,

This is Dusty. I just wanted to tell you that I think I've found Twue Luv.

Its Miss Bea.

Well....it could be Booberry...but she's not as nice.

And I have thought about Snookums...I mean....Baby.

Tiny says that I'm too young. But you wait - in a few weeks I'll show him!

Till now - Miss Bea and I look at each through the bars and chin them and whisper secrets.

Dusty

Dear Mama,

This is Drew. I just got done getting a small bath. Can I complain to you about it?

First of all....you understand that I've been getting a damp nose everyonce in a while - right? Its not a big deal...its just that I'm littleand sometimes my nose gets damp. I don't sneeze or anything....

But breeder mama seems pretty stubborn and she keeps trying to give mesome terriblemycine powder. Not much but it is yucky. She tried it inbanana baby food and I fought her so she thought she'd try carrot babyfood tonight. She mixed up the carrot baby food with some fruitflavored watery stuff and added some Criticism Care to it too. But itwas still really watery...

Then she put it in our medicine bowl and put it in our cage.SniffleSnuffle thought it smelled good and even Dusty thought abouttrying it. Breeder mommy kept trying to get me to take some...

You know I can't do that. Right? No self-respecting rabbit would willingly take medicine from their mama.

So I went to give her the butt.

Only I fell into the bowl of medicine. I think Snuffle pushed me.

Do you like orange bunnies? Well...orange and green and...yeah...orange?

Mama laughed so hard she leaked out of her eyes. Then she laughed somemore. She went to use her camera and said, "oh no! its dead".

I'm glad. I don't like that flashy thing.

So she said, "looks like you get a bath."

I figured fine...I could clean myself off.

The next thing I know....I'm in this shiny metal thing and there's likehalf an inch of water and mama is using her hands to clean off my fur!She's using the WATER to clean off my fur...

Are you SURE I have to stay here till September?

To make things worse - she says I STILL have to take the medicine in aminute and she's gone to get a syringe or something...and she says Ihaveta have a nose drop just for precaution...

Isn't that when they put extra holes in your nose? I'm sorta scared.

Dustry is trying to look cute and distract her - Snuffle is gonna tryto get Miss Bea to hide the flashy thing and I'm trying to get dry andhide before she comes back.

I know you won't be as mean as breeder mama.....that you'll listen to me when I tell you I'm NOT sick.

Drew

Awww ...sounds like the two of you are becomming fast friends! :D

That's wonderful!

I'm happy you like him Miss Bea, as I find you the ultimate advisor onbunny personality. :) You do a great job,Sweetie! :)

Hugs to you!

Rosie*

MissBea wrote:
Dear Dusty's New Mama,

Are you SURE you want Dusty to move out there? He's sorta cute...and I like younger guys...

Breeder Mama (who is really MY mama) says it would be robbing the cradle...but I love to go hang out by his cage.

Tiny says I'm having a mid-life crisis....I say HE is the crisis.

Anyway, Dusty is REALLY cute....I may even share a treat with him later this week if mom lets me....

Miss Bea

Oh, Sweet Drew...

I love hearing what your guys' life is like there! And I lovethat you eat to music! We have music going pretty muchconstantly here, because we really like music, too. Andwhenever we humans leave the house for any reason, I put on some nice,soft music for all the animals to relax to, just in case our leavingstresses them out. (I think Maisie gets really sad whilewe're gone, because she's decided she's bonded to me, instead of otherbunnies.)

Wow...I love that music! What a great selection Breeder Mamahas! Yeah, I never did figure out who shot JR, either...greatmystery of Mama's childhood. Hehe!

I'm glad you get to hear more music now that you're inside! :) That's wonderful! Enjoy!

Love always,

Your Mama (and the Girls)

Awww , Mr. Dusty...you're quite the handsome stud...I'm not surprised Miss Bea has a thing for you!

Wow...my baby boy is growing up so fast!! :)

I told Miss Bea that it's fine with me if she's interested in you...andI meant it! You two would make a lovely couple...:)

Stay handsome, little cutie!

Love always,

Mama

Dusty and Drew wrote:
Dear New Mama,

This is Dusty. I just wanted to tell you that I think I've found Twue Luv.

Its Miss Bea.

Well....it could be Booberry...but she's not as nice.

And I have thought about Snookums...I mean....Baby.

Tiny says that I'm too young. But you wait - in a few weeks I'll show him!

Till now - Miss Bea and I look at each through the bars and chin them and whisper secrets.

Dusty

Hehe!!

Oh no, Drew...what a morning!! :(

Sounds like you've had quite a rough time of it, littlesweetie!! I can't believe you fell into the medicine likethat. Hehe...you can't tell me it wasn't a little funny toyou, too...that's just something you had to be giggling about a bitwhen no one was looking. Hehe!!

Well, Hunny, you got a bath...was it okay? I'm sure it washumiliating for ya, but remember that Breeder Mama's taking perfectcare of you, ok? She knows JUST what to do about just aboutanything that could happen with you...so don't worry. I knowit's scary, Hunny, but just remember that she's doing something good,and that she won't ever hurt you.

You're so cute...you and your tiny little bunny body, and all theserunny nosey things going on...then falling into medicine, and getting abath, and nose drops...poor baby!

I hate to say it, but when you come here, if you ever need loving care,I'll be doing the same things that are needed for you,Sweetie! We're just tryin' to take care of our littleDrew-baby!

We love you, Sweetheart...keep your chin up! No matter whathappens, you're still my handsome little Drew Boy! :)

Love you always,

Mama

Dear mama,

This is Dusty checking in. I thought I'd let you know about our day so far.

I can tell you about it in one word..

[align=center]BORING

[align=left]So far I've napped on top of Drew twice and he's nappedon me once. We teased Sniffle Snuffle about his ears (remind me to tellyou about that) and oh....we ate up all the medicine stuff whilebreeder mama was sleeping.

In fact.....Drew doesn't want her to know - but he ate some too. I cantell 'cause he has it on his face a bit - but he wouldn't listen to mewhen I tried to tell him to groom it off. He said maybe if breeder mamawould see it - she would leave him alone.

The good news is - in a few minutes - the three of us boys are gonna goplay on the front porch in something called an "X Pen". I've heard of XMen...does this make me an X-Bun?

So I'm excited - I've been told we'll have space to binky and stretch our legs.

By the way, I need to let you know that Dusty's nose is fine againtoday. He says he likes to get it wet sometimes for extra attention'cause he might get to play on the desk...but after last night'smedicine and bath...he's gonna keep his nose clean. I told him it wasabout time.

Now - about Sniffle Snuffle....you gotta keep this a secret - ok? Butbreeder mama isn't going to keep him (she thinks) cause his ears aretaking off...you know...like flying..um...airplane is what she callsit. She thinks they're going to lop and he's going to be a lionlop bylooks....but not by purposeful breeding.

He's a little bit upset as he wanted to live here but she says she'llfind him a really good pet home where he'll be loved. I sorta feelsorry for him 'cause he's scared a bit. Mama said that she may take himto 'hio with her to some show and let him find a home there.....

I hope he finds a home closer. I'm starting to almost like him. He'swarm at night to snuggle with and he doesn't even get upset if I teasehim.

Well, I better get off here so mama can take us out to play in the pen. It sounds like lots of fun.

I hope you had a more fun day than we did....but I think we'll have fun now.

Dusty
[/align][/align]

Mama,

This is Drew checking in really quickly before we go outside.

I kept my nose clean today and I'm looking better according to thatbreeder mama person. I'm hoping if I look REALLY cute when she takes usoutside, I might get a fruit loop. She also whispered to me that she isgonna let me play on her desk tonight for a bit to make up for the bath.

Maybe she's not so bad?

Did I tell you our cage is right by the pellets? Breeder mama is goingto have to move it though 'cause the smell keeps making me HUNGRY....

Well - I need to finish grooming so I looks cute when I go outside. I'll have lots of fun and do a binky for you.

Drew

P.S. After I napped today, I thought about falling in themedicine and being an orange bunny. You know...it was kinda funny. Ialmost looked like Dusty! Of course, I was cuter!

Dear Mama,

We're both gonna write you this letter. Drew is gonna write like this from now on. Dusty is going to write like this.

We got to have some play time till Drew ruined it.
Did not. Did too!

We were having fun playing outside in the pen. Mom had to put up aspecial NIC thingy to block things so we'd stay in.
She didn'ttell me not to move it. Did she tell you? She didn't tellSniffle-Snuffle. She told all of us at the beginning....

Then she had to go inside...but we were all blocked in. So she knew wewere safe.
I was safe too. Just 'cause I got out and ran away.

That's right mama. DREW WAS BAD. Was not! Was too!

Drew knocked over the NIC thing and then snuck out between the barswhile mama went in to answer the phone. When she came out - onlySniffle-Snuffle and I were in the pen. She freaked out and went runninginside to call breeder dad for help.

Yeah. I heard her all the way from the grass where I was hiding.

So I hid in the grass like a good bunny and didn't hop around. You knowhow mama always tells you to "stay in one place" if she looses you? SoI did that.

Yeah. Till they saw you. THEN you took off running into the neighbor's bushes and hid.

It's my story. I'll tell it.

So when mom went to grab me...I wasn't done having fun. So I took offrunning into this LONG LONG LONGE hedge thingy....breeder mama said itwas like 20 feet long (I only have four feet so it was prettybig)....and how were they going to find me?

Then breeder dad comes along and he starts looking - so while they're rustling bushes...I run into another hedge.

But then...I heard breeder mama coming and she was calling me "Daisy"and I had to stop that....so I stayed still while dad came closer -then I ran right towards her and into her arms almost.

Good thing too. But you got breeder mom and dad mad at us....asthey were going back insider breeder dad said that we should come intoo...so mama grabbed us.

Well...if I had to come in ...then you should have to come in.

Anyway.....
we got supper though. That was a good thing.

And breeder mama and daddy said...

DREW IS TOO SMART FOR HIS OWN GOOD SOHE CAN NEVER PLAY ALONE OUTSIDE EVEN IF THE PHONE RINGS.

Love ya mama.
I love you too!

Latest posts

Back