Lets play name that sex....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
Calling all experienced breeder/ rabbit folk out there. Can any breeders please for the love of God tell me what I have. I cannot tell with this litter for nothing. I think I have two does and a buck...:?:p

100_1900-1.jpg

100_1905.jpg

I thinkthe one above is a buck?

100_1912-1.jpg

100_1910.jpg

Think this is a doe??

100_1916.jpg

100_1915.jpg

Think this is a doe too??

I appreciate your help with this.

OMG! How did you know that? I was telling everyone that I had 3 bucks but everytime I looked I was unsure. Is there someone that has a girl pic that I can compare to? This is really difficult and I appreciate everyones responces =)

That is one fantastic set of pics, guys!

I wish I had those images when I was trying to sex my rabbits.. 2/3 isn't bad, I guess... :rollseyes

sorry, i about died laughing reading that Pam. I got good at sexing after a friend missexed oen of my now bucks(WHen I was just starting into rabbits) but I'm still terrible at color- especially my hollands. Dutch, I'm not so sure about the steel vs black babies, but I've never raised steels before. my Torts and my blue's i can pick out not a problem.

PIFFY HURRY UP AND GROW UP I WANNA KNOW WHETHER YOU"RE PRINCESS PIFFY OR PRINCE PIFFY!

(I mean, now that i know the difference between donuts and tacos... )

angelh, where are you located? I may be able to help you sex your Piffy. How old is your little one? I can sex them from 2 weeks on up. I know that it is very rare to know that someone can sex rabbits that young and up but I can. I have sexed my brothers rabbits before. The sure way to tell is look at mommy and daddy if you can, then look at your little one. If the little one has the same genitals as mommy then it is a girl, if the little one has the same genitals as daddy then the little one is a boy. That is how I learned to sex rabbits for the first time.

Maybe that will help you. If not then I will be more than happy to help you sex your bunny Piffy. Usually I can tell by the shape of the head/face, but that is very difficult.

whaleyk98 wrote:
Calling all experienced breeder/ rabbit folk out there. Can any breeders please for the love of God tell me what I have. I cannot tell with this litter for nothing. I think I have two does and a buck...:?:p

100_1900-1.jpg

100_1905.jpg

I thinkthe one above is a buck?

100_1912-1.jpg

100_1910.jpg

Think this is a doe??

100_1916.jpg

100_1915.jpg

Think this is a doe too??

I appreciate your help with this.
You have 3 bucks. Congrats!

Hahahaha. Donut and Taco. Thats funny. :) I always would just say round is a buck slit is a doe, but using food as examples is much cooloer. :) Congrats on your 3 bucks too! :)

Gratz on ur 3 boys! lol taco doenut lol that is actually going to be very helpful lol

pamnock wrote:
Here's how I taught my 4-H kids:

donut = buck

taco = doe

:bunnydance:

Perfect description!:biggrin2:

Denise

Latest posts

Back