Leaving litter box before done pooping?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mam1018

Reaction score
Hi everyone! First time posting here. I have a nine month old Holland Lop who is pretty well litter trained. He never pees outside of it, and the majority of his poops go in it as well. It's plenty big enough for him, and I use pine pellets for the litter and then cover it with fresh hay. However, my weird little guy seems to jump out of his litter box before he's done, and ends up leaving a few poops right outside the box. I'm pretty sure he's not kicking it out, because sometimes he will hop out and sit there, and then there will be a couple poops when he moves. So it's almost like he's not quite done when he jumps out, even though most of his poop does end up in the litter box. Is this something that can be prevented, or just a silly habit of my bun? I really don't mind cleaning up the 20 or so poops that end up on the floor, because like I said, the majority of it does go in the litter box. And he's perfect about peeing in his box, never has any accidents. It's just like he's still pooping mid jump out of the box, and doesn't realize he's not done yet LOL anyway, any input is appreciated! Thanks!

Also forgot to mention, he is neutered. Has been neutered for about 5 months now.

Back