Leaving for Africa - see you in August!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Well, the time has come.

Tomorrow morning myself and several others will be flying down toWashington D.C., where we will be meeting the remaining members of ourteam. We'll then take a shuttle to Annapolis, MD, and spend the nextcouple days in prayer, in Scripture, and just getting to know eachother.

On Saturday evening, 17 people (including myself) will be flying toAddis Ababa, Ethiopia. They're 9 hours ahead of us - can you say jetlag? :p

Over the course of two weeks, we will be putting on two seperate campsfor high school aged kids, with games, and skits, and sharing theGospel. We will also be giving away boxes upon boxes of t-shirts, asmost kids won't own more than a t-shirt or two themselves. They don'tknow that we're bringing the shirts over with us, so to see the lookson their faces is going to be just amazing.

We'll also be giving out sandals, sneakers, clothes, and soccer ballsto the kids that live around the Young Life house, where we arestaying. Some of these little boys will run around on glass, just sothey can play soccer, their favorite game :(

In addition, we will be visiting several different orphanages, not onlyto donate clothing and supplies, but to just spend time holding thebabies and playing with the children. One of the orphanages wasestablished by Mother Theresa for children with HIV/AIDs (Ethiopia hasa staggering population of AIDs orphans).

We'll be going to the orphanage that our trip leader recently adoptedhis two little boys from. It is also the orphanage where Angelina Jolieis adopting her daughter.

We'll be leaving Ethiopia, and be back in the states, on Saturday, July30th . I probably won't be on much for a few days, but should be backto posting by early August.

(my bunnies are in good hands, btw. My family will be taking care ofthem, but Christine (u8myhouse) is on-call should they need anyassistance ;))

Have fun and don't forget about your own healthwhile you're caring for everyone else. Drink lots of safe water anddon't forget your veggies.

I just wanted to add here what Buck said after I mentioned the possibility (now reality) of the trip several months ago:

Buck Jones wrote:
Would've figured asmuch. You never fail to impress me with you just being you inthat so very special manner. You're a mover and ashaker. God knows who He's choosing, no doubt.

Buck
I don't know if he ever realized how much that meant to me. I stillhaven't forgotten his words of encouragement, so: Thank You, Buck :)

m.e. wrote:
Ijust wanted to add here what Buck said after I mentioned thepossibility (now reality) of the trip several months ago:

Buck Jones wrote:
Would've figured asmuch. You never fail to impress me with you just being you inthat so very special manner. You're a mover and ashaker. God knows who He's choosing, no doubt.

Buck
I don't know if he ever realized how much that meant to me. I stillhaven't forgotten his words of encouragement, so: Thank You, Buck :)
I was going to say that Buck would be very proud of you. ;)

Enjoy yourself,this is a trip of a lifetime. I'm sure your heart will be full with allthe good things you and your team will be doing.

Be Safe.

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back