Lead Posioning? O_O

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina

Reaction score
Oh no! Just a fewminutes ago, my family and I were watching american idol. Emmy washoping around, and I was doing a few math problems for school. All of asudden i see Emmy biting on a pencil. When I took it out of her mouth,I've seen that she only ate a little part of the pencil. But I'm notreally sure if she ate the lead. My parents said that she may have leadposioning! :shock:

What are the effects of lead posioning?Will it make the rabbit sick? OR will something really bad happen? Emmyis sitting right next to me in the chair right now. She seems fine..butim aware that she is kind of breathing heavily. :shock:AHH!I'm starting to freak out!

Please respond as soon as possiable if can!

I think the bunny will be ok. Most pencils usegraphite instead of acutal lead which is really just a type of carbon.I hope that helps!

It is most likey graphite unless it says otherwise of the pencil.

Look for these signs and if you see any of them take Emmy straight to the vet for bloodwork.
Some of the health problems that may beseen in a pet suffering from lead poisoning include:

• [align=justify]Upset stomach and stomach pain [/align]

• [align=justify]Lack of appetite[/align]

• [align=justify]Vomiting[/align]

• [align=justify]Diarrhea[/align]

• [align=justify]Blood in feces[/align]

• [align=justify]Inability to sleep[/align]

• [align=justify]Depression[/align]

• [align=justify]Hysterical barking (especially a problem if your pet is not a dog)[/align]

• [align=justify]Seizures with champing fits(check lead levels before suspecting epilepsy)[/align]

• [align=justify]Blindness (rare)[/align]

• [align=justify]Death (if not treated) [/align]
[align=right]http://www.aerias.org/DesktopModules/ArticleDetail.aspx?articleId=111&spaceid=1&subid=8#pets-ref5[/align]

Latest posts

Back