layla under the weather?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
I noticed layla didn't eat her pellets today, when she normally does, she usually devours them. and then today i noticed that she wasn't leaving her little perch in her cage, but rather just sitting there and not even leaving to use her litterbox which she is REALLY good at using.

I'm a little concerned, should I just keep watching her or should I go to the vet?

Maybe she has a blatter infection. That's what Macey has right now. I don't know for sure though. That just kinda sounds what she did one day.l
Definately make a vet appointment. :)

Hope you feel better little Layla!

i have noticed her water intake has increased slightly. she hasn't had any sweets tho. her treats are a plain cherry-o. and those are rare. she get fresh veggies every day and plain approved pellets

Keep a close eye on her, Corky does that garbage to me every now and then.... :nonono:

Usually by the next day he's back to himself..(after I've gotten all upset of course)...if she's not better tomorrow I think I'd look into getting her checked out.

G/L I hope she's ok.

Did you listen to her tummy to see if you can hear any rumblings? Or feel it to see if it feels hard or distended?

Just based on what youre describing it sounds like the beginning of gas. A lot of bunnies are going through this right now due to the weather change and moutling. Do you have any simethicone? If it were me I would give her some and some belly rubs. Try getting her to get some exercise and push hay for now.

Will she take a treat?

i don't have any simethicone but i will keep an eye on her and if this continues to tomorrow i'll go to the vet.

she still takes a treat and i've put plenty of fresh hay out there for her! she's been out exercising today quite a bit, so i'll let you guys know an update tomorrow!

Hiya! Long time no hear. Sorry!

My rabbit Dottie is under the weather today aswell. She normally pushes your hand out the way when you put the food bowl down and its gone within minutes.

But today she didnt touch it and stayed laying there in the same spot quivvering.

I just put her out in her run and she is hopping about a bit but mainly laying there.

She has had a drink but hasnt touched anything to eat, not even the grass. I felt her stomach but it feels fine. She is really fat though, so I can only feel fat!

Because its a sunday I dont know if I should leave it until tomorow or get her to see a vet today? She was quivvering a bit and her heart was beating really fast when she was just laying there. If I have to take her to the vets I have to in the next hour so i hope someone replies!

Thank you!

O by the way she is spayed, and young. But very fat!

layla is back to herself now, it was only for a day that she was doing that.

so i hope yours feels better soon. i waited 24hrs to see how layla was acting and she's definitely better now :)

I am very glad to hear your bunny is ok.

On the other hand, sadly my bunnie died this morning at roughly 8:15am.

I did take her to the vet yesterday as she was definetly not herself. The vet gave her 3 injections for her tummy etc, and gave me some special food to syringe feed her.

I must admit me and my sister had lots of fun last night syringe feeding her, she looked like a messy pup with it all down her chin.

The emergency vet told me to take her back to my local vets tomorow (today) but it was too late.

I really don't know what was wrong with her. She was only 4yrs old and it was rather quit sudden.

It is rather a bad month for my family as one of our guinea pigs died just a few weeks ago. I am really worried as these things come in threes don't they. I pray that this time it won't.

I will be posting on the Rainbow Bridge later, if you still have that post?

It has been a long time since I have signed onto here, sorry.

Lindsay xxx :pray:

It has not been my day! Sorry if I am stealing your thread!

My other rabbit Pepper had her teeth filed and trimmed on Thursday. She recovered fine and started eating straight away, but today I noticed she was breathing really funny.

I have just come back from the vets (again!) without Pepper, as she has got Snuffles! And it has got to her lungs. So they are keeping her in over night to give her an injection at 11pm tonight, and another one at 8am in morning to help her get over this.

I really hope she is ok! I would be totally devastated if she goes too. 6 pets down to 3 in the space of one month.

I cant believe this has happened! :bigtears:

Oh my Linz...I am so sorry to hear of your losses. So much taken in such a short amount of time...horrible. I will keep you and pepper in my thoughts and wishes.

Im so sorry Linz, can you start another thead here so people can offer advice for you and Pepper?

Is your vet rabbit savvy? What kind of injections are they giving? Snuffles isnt really a technial term, its sort of a catch all for different respiratory infections. Id like to hear more about Pepper's symptoms and such.

Back