Laundry question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few months ago I bought a plush holland lop toy and put it into Dortmund’s space. At first Dortmund hated it. He spent two whole days biting it and throwing it around. Then he spent a couple days having sex with it (he is neutered). But then he fell in love with it. Even after five or six months he sleeps next to it most of the time, and he spends his days licking it and grooming it.

Since Dortmund is incredibly rude to most real rabbits I try to introduce him to, it looks like his friend will have to remain plush. But considering Dortmund spends a lot of time licking his friend the faux rabbit fur is getting dirty and sticking together.

Would there be an issue if I threw the plush rabbit through the laundry, or would it loose the special je ne sais quios smelll that Dortmund loves to cuddle?

Laundering it would likely make it 'unrecognizable' to Dortmund since rabbits go by scent. However, if you have a blanket or similar that he lays on frequently, it's possible that you could restore some of that scent to the laundered toy by rubbing it thoroughly with the blanket.

Latest posts

Back