Latest on Daisy, & a New Type of Operating Table

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunman

Reaction score
I took her in for her yearly checkup some months ago & the vet - supposdly a bunvet - said she had molar spurs that needed grinding.

I was skeptical since Daisy had no trouble eating. I took her to another bunvet & he said that the molars had a slight inward lean which was common but this needed no attention unless it was so severe as to injure the tongue & interfere with eating.

It just goes to show, when in doubt get a second opinion. You may save some money & your bun some discomfort. Even among vets supposed to be rabbit-savvy not all are actually so.

The second vet gave her a clean bill of health. The white coat scared her tho - when he put her back on the table she ran up into my arms!

Also, i'm told there is a new tilting table for use when buns have surgery where they lie on their backs - this head-up position prevents the abdominal organs from pressing on their tiny lungs. You might inquire about this if your bun requires surgery on its back.

Wow...great information, thank you!

I'm happy to hear Daisy got a clean bill of health...poor thing! :(

Also, that operating table sounds really good...I wonder who came up with the idea?

Cool beans! :D

Great Bunman! That's great to know. Angel will be having surgery for her lump soon and I'm pretty sure she would have to be on her back. I'll inquire about it. Thanks!

Bunman! You've been missed!! :hug:

Glad to hear that about Daisy. If it ain't broke (yet), don't fix it (yet). ;)

I let Pipp's go until she stops eating, the surgery is pretty hard on her, mostly because they have to have her mouth pried open, it's very sore post-surgery.

Great tip about the table, I'm going to ask my vet about that. Although Pipp's spurs seemed to have gone away. :) She's fine as long as I keep giving her a good variety of veggies and pellets to chew (she won't eat hay), and most importantly, get her drinking diluted juice. (Not sure why that affects her, but since I started that, she's had no issues at all, teeth or kidneys, since she's been getting the juice. And the days she has some (I give some to her every second or third day) are the days she's on my lap grooming me and binkying around. Gofigure.

Anyhoo, glad to see you back and glad all is well with Daisy. :)

sas :)and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance:<WBR>:bunnydance::bunnydance:<WBR>:bunnydance:

Have you tried a variety of hays? I&#39;d be concerned about a non-hay diet, even if she seems to be doing fine with it. Reducing other foods can encourage them to eat hay, as you may know....i get as much timothy into Daisy as i can.:3

Back