Late bloomer, passive, or younger than we thought?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini_Rex

Reaction score
Rocket turned 12 weeks old Monday. About two weeks ago he started showing subtle signs of hormonal changes like mounting on top of his toys but then staying still in the mounting position with a confused look like "Okay, now what?" for a few seconds then kicks his toy out from underneath him.
Other than shredding his toys and moving his items in his house around and trying to dig, there's really not much going on. He doesn't even have that strong hormonal pee smell.

My thoughts...
1. Late bloomer
2. That winning lottery ticket passive bun
3. Breeder mixed up his age. That is a possibility. The breeder originally said april 24 2023 then he said may 24 2023 when i got him home, then when I asked if he was sure, he said april 24th, he confused the litter cage rocket came from from another cage. The breeder had many breeds but mostly flemish giants for meat.

Last week we were on vacation for 7 days. (Neighbors checked in on him every day, 3 times a day, for 2 hours at a time. I said only need twice a day for 15 minutes but they said they had a lot of fun with him 😍). When we came back, even my partner said Rocket looked slightly larger.

I wouldn't read much into it or have concerns. One of my rabbits did not display any "typical" male hormonal behavior until he was 8 months old. That neuter was scheduled real fast because he kept trying to spray me.

I wouldn't read much into it or have concerns. One of my rabbits did not display any "typical" male hormonal behavior until he was 8 months old. That neuter was scheduled real fast because he kept trying to spray me.
Yeah he's got his appointment August 8th to see if his parts are big enough for a neuter. I'm gonna snip him before that even has a chance of happening lol

Latest posts

Back