Larry & Nancy Bunny Village

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Good news everyone"--my favorite quote from Futurama, Molly is doing fine, so far. At her age things can go to heck fast, but so far so good. We have lost a few when they weren't that old, but no matter how long a time (or short) it still leaves a big hole. We have been very lucky to have so many of our brood live to have so many of ours reach such old age. We don't know how old Ted was for sure, but he was a teen. The problem now is, our baby Nikki our avatar is over 7--not a baby anymore.

Yes, its great that Molly is doing pretty good! And I agree with Lisa, your bunnies live such long lives. Yes, tell us your secret?

I'd love to see some recent pictures too.

I am so very happy for you and Molly that she is doing better! It is always to soon to lose one that you love, be it human or animal.

Molly is still going strong. But, the big announcement is we have a new rescue from Auburn, CA. His name is Cosmo and he is such a sweet little boy. He's about the same size as our mini Rex, Bambi, but she's heavier. Guess I have to update my pics now. Thanks goes out to Operation Roger as they arranged for him to be transported by truckers from Auburn to Las Vegas--had to drive 11 miles one way to get him.

:goodjob & :thanks: to Operation Roger! Welcome to your new home, Cosmo!

Another update--Cosmo is doing just fine and he lives up to the character name he was given. He's such a cute little bunny and has loads of personality. We also have a new bunny named Hopscotch--he's a cute little lionhead that has been adopted about 3 times and returned and had 2 days left. The Bunderground Railroad got him from N California to us and he's also doing just fine. Like Cosmo, he's a little hutch-aggressive, but like Cosmo he's not had a lot of continuity in his life and we don't mind working with troubled bunnie---great challenges=great rewards. They are both very friendly and very nosy and we can tell Cosmo is younger (teenager) by the way he behaves. They are both cute little boys and now they are ours!

Great that Molly is doing better and the two new boys sound like real little characters. Can´t wait to see pics and they´re so lucky to have landed with you.

Everyone's fine here. Cosmo and Hopscotch are both melding into our herd better everyday. Cosmo is becoming quite a pest and won't be ignored when he's out and about. Still looking about for a new canine, but, won't be anything nearly as big as a bull mastiff this time around. We've gone 2 whole days with no rain at our end of the valley! Got to get some pics taken and then posted, but, I'm not one that overly uses a camera so it may be awhile.

This is one of those postings I hate doing. Tomorrow we are going to be bidding farewell to another bunny, as it's time, but I hate going to the vet --just wish she'd pass at home in her sleep. Molly, our oldest bunny ever, born in July of 1998, has been going downhill for some time and we've been doing a lot just to keep her going but it's gotten to the point where I know she is past any real quality and is having trouble getting around and has lost considerable weight. Today I lament, and, tomorrow I will be posting at the "Bridge". I'm gonna miss my nosy old girl.

I am so sorry that you have had to make that decision. For those of us who truly love our fur family members it is the hardest thing we will ever have to do but it truly is out of love for your bun that you do this.

(Hugs)...

Cherish what time you have with your precious Molly. I'm glad she is doing better & hope that you will have time together & when it is her time she will go peacefully in her sleep with you there to love & reassure her.

Been awhile. Molly is still going so we're very thankful for that. Finn, my sweet little mini boy passed away unexpectedly--he was fine in the morning and had passed in the evening with no sign or warning and he hadn't turned 4 yet. I had to take a break from typing for a minute. We're sitting Peanut for Larry Ng while he's remodeling his condo. I heard some noise on the chair mat and looked down and Peanut was at my feet--no one gets to free roam the house and she's only the second bunny to jump the barricade in the last 5 years. Finn did it the second day he was with us and never did it again--think he didn't like the tile floor as much as the carpet in the bunny room. We are still looking for another canine to replace our Amy girl, but haven't settled on anything yet. Super bowl tomorrow, GO BRONCO'S!!

Back