Large amount of fur loss?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolevins

Reaction score
**wasn't sure where to post**

Jenni is a 1 and a half year old, mix-breed rabbit. She is bonded with Oreo about a year now and they are best buds. Jenni is the dominant one.
Jen has been shedding lately - I think she may be getting her autumn/winter coat. Her fur is going darker, like usual.

This morning when I came back from a friends house, I went out the back garden to say hello to my 2 girls. I noticed Jenni had an unusual amount of fur gone from her scapula/shoulder area, on both sides. One side is about 4 inches long and the other is 3 inches. About 1 inch in width.
It's to the point where you can see her skin. Not much, but it is very noticable.

My first thought was "it was probably Oreo when she was trying to mount Jenni" but I doubt she'd pull out that much fur.
My second though was "maybe she was excessively grooming" but I couldn't think of a good reason to why she would do that. I know rabbits can be neat freaks but it's something I've never seen before from any of the rabbits I've kept.

Any ideas on what it could be? :?
It it something that should concern me, or am I just being a paranoid bunny-mammy?

Latest posts

Back