Languishing in Southwest Wi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturestee wrote:
Not to be a naysayer, but I've met the devil incarnate and she was a spayed mini lop!
Key word in that statement?

[align=center]SHE

:biggrin2:
[/align]

naturestee wrote:
I'm currently covered in Oberon fur from snuggling the big guy while he's molting.:p

When I come down on Saturday for Katie's date, Oberon is coming home with me!!!

You can't keep teasing me with him!!! He...will....be....mine!!!!:duel

Actually - I thought Oberon had plans to take an extended trip to Texas to meet Zeus and Ori and have a "white bunny get-together". They were going to sneak in lots of craisins...and bananas...and some does (just for company) and they had plans for a photoshoot of the three of them...with the caption "White Bunnies ROCK!"

Well - that was the plan as it was told to me by Splash.....she said Zeus told her all about it and she was trying to figure out if she should tell Tibba.

:biggrin2:

I see potential in any rabbit that is going to die :D
i mean if you lined pete up with a bunch of young rabbits the young rabbits are going to steal your attention.

i am going in there and spend some time with him today so i'll try to elaborate on him a little more

:(I think that I need some advice!

I went into the shelter today to spend time withPete and take more pics and was confronted by a new rabbit.

her name is Biddy and she is less than a year old and unspayed . She was kept outside and when brought into the house she was nippy and scratchy with the kids. I can say right now that this rabbit is not going to make it out of the shelter. She is cage agressive and combative when you attempt to touch her. She is very poorly socialized.

I spent a few minutes with her and she allowed me to pet her head but only after I talked to her for a few minutes.

i can tell right now that she would come around if someone worked with her. but there is nobody to do that. I am the only person who works with the rabbits.

Now I am feeling that I am trying to save Pete andI can't save her. I feel that I am going nuts. I cannot stand euthanization of rabbits! i took some pics of her also just for the blank of it

i have ot download all my pics and then I'll be back

maureen

I know you're full up, so I suppose you can only foster one.:(

I can't blame the girl bun for being nippy with the kids, although I've also learned not to take the owner's words at face value. If she's already allowing you to pet her a little that's amazing, much better than some I've worked with.

How was Pete btw?

If it really does come down to saving only one, IMO go with the one you think would be easier to adopt out for whatever reasons those may be.

What does your shelter do for advertisements? For example, my shelter has pet of the week pictures in local newspapers and sometimes they choose a rabbit. They also have a dog of the week thing at a local radio station (cause dogs bark into the microphone :) where they will also mention other animals such as beautiful rabbits, baskets of kittens, specific breeds, or just how crowded they are for a specific type. Also classified ads for the shelter, partially to compete with the breeder ads in the paper. That stuff can help move animals but not all shelters do this for rabbits. If it's been so long since a rabbit was adopted, maybe you can convince them to advertise more? If it's a program they already do it wouldn't cost any more money.

Maybe try harrassing the HRS again to see if they'll return a plea for help for once...

angieluv wrote:
her name is Biddy and she is less than a year old and unspayed . She was kept outside and when brought into the house she was nippy and scratchy with the kids. I can say right now that this rabbit is not going to make it out of the shelter. She is cage agressive and combative when you attempt to touch her. She is very poorly socialized.

maureen
I wish you could get her into a foster home where they know how to deal with cage aggressive rabbits. I find them challenging - but fun too.

When I first got Miss Bea for breeding - we bred her before realizing, "Wow....we need to check the babies every day once she has them and she's mean...". I mean she would lunge and bite and be totally aggressive.

It took four of us loving on her and working with her for about 3 weeks - several times per day. By the end of the third week - she came to us when we opened the cage door and she would beg for pets.

Her prior owner/breeder had told me she'd never be a pet rabbit.

Yeah - I bribed her like crazy once she learned we were the head bunnies. But it worked.

She's still aggressive to a point in the fact that she'll go after the cat or dog if she feels they're in her turf - or she'll go after another doe. She's not a love bunny- except for first thing in the morning when she'll come up for pets and sometimes beg me to pet her for 20 minutes or so.

My point? Don't give up on her Maureen. If they can find a foster home for her where someone will work with her (if I was there - I'd take her in a heartbeat) - I really believe she can become "adoptable" - even if it is by someone like me who would give her a NIC pen and let her come out on her own terms.

I've had several aggressive does but only one that I couldn't break from biting and scratching.

Pete is Pete ..cute but not exciting ...

but then there is Biddy.....

named after a witchy woman

but very beautiful and young..............................

GAH! I want the guinea pig in the back but hubby screamed no!:D:?

myheart wrote:
I just found out that I know of someone driving through the LaCrosse area late Sunday, August 17th, around 10:00pm.

myheart
Am I correct that you're interested in Pete?

That would be so awesome - I could read about him on the forum.....and know that he got a good home.

Latest posts

Back