Lame Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TardyBeau

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here but have a little problem. Myrabbit is limping on her right fore. I took her to the vet the dayafter i noticed it, and they told me that she prolly pulled someligiments in her shoulder and that i could give her 350mg of Asprin.I've been doing that everyday since and she has not improved.:(I'm really worried about her. I will of course take herback in if it dosen't improve, just looking to see if anyone has everhad/heard of this and if they can give any tips. Thanks so much! BTW,my rabbit is an English Lop doe named Lilly who weighs about10lbs.

~Ashley

Hi Ashley Welcome to the forum

By any chance didyour bun jump down off ofsomething , what was she doing before you noticedher limping ? try lookingbetween the webbing of her foot betweenher toes and see if theres a cut .English Lops are pretty rabbits, If this Vet doesnt find theanswer maybe it is time to seeka second opinion .

Hi Ashley,

Sorry to hear Lilly isn't feeling well. When did you take herto the vet? If you are really concerned, you shouldphone the vet, and see what they think.

Rainbows! :angel:

just ring your vet and grab some freebie advice over the phone - u cant lose xx

Hey welcome. :) I would restrict her movement bykeeping her in a small cage till it heals. Could be a couple of weeksor more for a ligament tear. If you dont restrict, she could tear themup more.

:bambiandthumper

:sunshine:Thank you all for the advice.

Gypsy- I think it might have happend when she was freaking out in myarms and i dropped to my knees, and she jumped outta my arms and ithink she might have landed wrong. But i also noticed an old scratchthat she might have gotten in her cage. That all i really know.

Pet_Bunny- I took her to the vet last friday.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me some advice!!! :sunshine:

~Ashley

Latest posts

Back