lack of mother rabbit's milk

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephan

Reaction score
hello guys, so i have 3 does and the youngest of them gave birth to 3 kits, her being a first time mother she didn't take care of the kits so I lost two and one is still alive currently 9 days old. I've been force feeding the baby by flipping the mother sideways but still the baby looks scrawny, stomach is never really swollen even after feeding. and my oldest doe just gave birth today.. so my questions are
1.could it be possible that my youngest doe is lacking breast milk because she is a mother for the first time?
2.would it be okay to put the youngest doe baby with the oldest one babies so she can breast feed all of them together(the youngest doe baby is 8 days older and would probably open it eyes anytime soon)

please i need help on what to do🙏

Calf Manna will enhance your does' milk flow. I suggest giving 1 tablespoon daily until babies are 4 weeks old.

My usual rule of thumb is that babies should foster seamlessly if within a week apart. If there is only an 8 day gap, it may be your best chance of keeping the baby alive.

Back