Kuromi did it!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiledreamlove

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to RO and have made awelcome thread
stating I'm a new bunny owner also.

I got Kuromi two days ago, but spent a week educating myself on what is required of me as a bunny owner. I used the resources on this site about how to potty train, and bond with my rabbit.

This morning I was sitting in her run and she came downstairs of her "bunny condo" and hopped in her litter. It's just a small chinese takeaway tray, as she's only a baby herself. I've been picking up her little poops and placing them in her tray, hoping that she would start to use it if she could see that was a designated area.

The run is also used by my guinea pig who was using it at the time (Kuromi's door was shut) and I thought she was just not moving from the litter because of Topaz playing and sniffing around her cage (they had yet to meet officially through the bars) and then she hopped off and I saw the darker spot where she had urinated.

I'VE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO SEE PEE IN MY LIFE!!!

Haha, it's so rewarding with her. I was ready to have to work on our bond... but in the first night here, she was running out of her cage happily, and yesterday I sat in her run and she was climbing over me, eating hay from my hand, and even licked me a few times, so I feel privileged to have a bunny who's brave and curious :)

I just had to share, I'm sure you've all shared my joy of when your bunbun clicks and uses the "toilet"!!!

Chelle x

Thats great, hopefully your little one will stick with it, my babies will only pee in the litter box, but will only pee AND poo in it while in the cage. During my lifetime I have had guineas, hamsters, mice, a ferret, you name it, and the buns are by far the easiest to clean up after. I actually don't mind cage cleaning day!

Yes well she's not pooing in there yet, but peeing in there is better than on the cage bedding. I checked the upstairs area where she peed the first night, and it was dry so I was quite pleased by that. It looked like she had been in there earlier too... but I couldn't quite tell (I'm using recycled paper).

And I hear ya! Cleaning up after Topaz my guinea pig is a mission compared. She gets poo everywhere, and doesn't care if her feet have it squished in there... needless to say we visit the bathroom and a gentle warm facecloth to clean them feet! Silly pig!

Back