Krispy Kreme Donuts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a Krispy Kreme shop in the shopping centre nearby but thats all I've ever seen of them. I tried one from there. It tasted like a doughnut. Nice. Its just a doughnut? I'm a bit confused.

pinksalamander wrote:
We have a Krispy Kreme shop in the shopping centre nearby but thats all I've ever seen of them. I tried one from there. It tasted like a doughnut. Nice. Its just a doughnut? I'm a bit confused.
Yeah they are just doughnuts.

mardigraskisses wrote:
Dunkin' Donuts is far superior. :)
I wholeheartedly agree with that.
We only have Krispy Kreme here, and they are awfull, way too sweet.

I had Dunkin when I had a stopover in the airport in DC, and they were soooo much better. Love the ones with the filling.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I've only had them a couple times, and not in at least 5 years, but I liked them. The regular glazed ones are very airy and light, but very sweet. What I really liked was a Krispy Kreme filled with caramel apple and a crumb topping.

They are not on my diet but the glazed sour cream style were succulent...don't tell my endocrinologist....:blushan:

I prefer Dunkin Donuts myself - back in my pre-diabetic days French crullers or vanilla creme (not the nasty custard ****) were my favorite but I did not eat a lot of them as I could save myself the trouble of putting them through my system and just applying them to my thighs and backside:nerves1.

I love Dunkin Donuts coffee though... :p

Denise

degrassi wrote:
Tim hortons is not as good as it used to be, as they dont' make fresh donuts on site anymore :grumpy:
That is why I don'tbuy them anymore when they switched to frozen ones.I don't drink coffee. We still get them at work, butdid they stop makingthe ones with peanuts too?

I've never had a Krispy Kreme, but I like watching them being made at the store. It's fun to watch them go into the vat of whatever and fizz. The little machine is cool.

My uncle has a shirt that says, "Body By Krispy Kreme".

Pet_Bunny wrote:
degrassi wrote:
Tim hortons is not as good as it used to be, as they dont' make fresh donuts on site anymore :grumpy:
That is why I don'tbuy them anymore when they switched to frozen ones.I don't drink coffee. We still get them at work, butdid they stop makingthe ones with peanuts too?
I dont' know about the peanut ones, as I dont' remember there being a peanut one :p I would assume they stopped since every where seems to be scared of using peanuts now.

I'm not much of a sweets fan, but I do like their cruellers.

Peanuts are OK for me but walnuts & pecans are another story involving allergic reactions and EpiPens and the emergency room...I like to keep it simple and sweet.

Again, don't tell my endocrinologist...

Denise

I am so glad that I don't have a nut allergy. I love walnuts, peanuts, etc. I think I would be miserable! (I do, however, have some form of allergy that makes it so I can't consume alcohol... Meh...)

degrassi wrote
I dont' know about the peanut ones, as I dont' remember there being a peanut one :p I would assume they stopped since every where seems to be scared of using peanuts now.

I don't think lots of places are stopping using peanuts or tree nuts due to allergy. At least not here. I see tons of food that has peanut/tree nut warnings on the packages. I've heard some big cities don't let kids have peanut butter at school anymore, but here (Kansas), it seems most people would rather have someone else's kid have an allergic reaction rather than ban a food item.
I always wondered if anyone in Thailand is allergic to peanuts.

I've never had a Krispy Kreme donut.. I do frequently have the ones from Tim Horton's!

I have a sevre nut allergy - and man is it a pain! Have to read labels for everything, and the darn "may contain" is my worst enemy. It's incredibly irritating how many companies slap on the "may contain" labels! I'm probably a lot more riskier than I should be.. but I haven't had a reaction in 14 years, so I've been pretty lucky! I so wish I wouldn't have to be so careful, really limits the new food/restaurants that I'd love to try, but just don't know.

BethM wrote:
degrassi wrote

I don't think lots of places are stopping using peanuts or tree nuts due to allergy. At least not here. I see tons of food that has peanut/tree nut warnings on the packages. I've heard some big cities don't let kids have peanut butter at school anymore, but here (Kansas), it seems most people would rather have someone else's kid have an allergic reaction rather than ban a food item.
I always wondered if anyone in Thailand is allergic to peanuts.
It is bannedin a few places here. I havea cousin who is allergic to the extreme. Smelling it can send her in a severe reaction.

degrassi wrote:
I dont' remember there being a peanut one

Thereuse to be somewith peanuts sprinkled on top but no more. And there was some of those chocolate mini bits rolledwith peanuts.

There isa chocolate walnut crunch that I always have. Actually I would have anythingthatischocolate.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
degrassi wrote:
I dont' remember there being a peanut one

Thereuse to be somewith peanuts sprinkled on top but no more. And there was some of those chocolate mini bits rolledwith peanuts.

There isa chocolate walnut crunch that I always have. Actually I would have anythingthatischocolate.
I dont' remember the peanut timbits. The chocolate peanut ones must have been replaced with the chocolate coconut ones they have now.

Chocolate peanut does sound good though

Latest posts

Back