Kleenmama now has 2nd cut Timothy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
For anyone patiently waiting for more timothy hay, www.kmshayloft.com now has their second cut timothy hay available to order. Ive been feeding Bluegrass hay for months since they have been out of timothy. The buns dont seem to mind, but I like feeding a mix of the two.

Just thought Id give everyone a heads up! Hay is short here in Michigan so Im having to order online for quality hay.

I placed my pre-order last week. They are supposed to start shipping tomorrow. I'm so excited (doesn't take much to get me going does it, lol!). The bluegrass was very nice though; I had 45 lbs. of it.

I may suck it up and order sometime within the next month. It will cost $41 for 45lbs of 1/2 2nd cut timothy & 1/2 bluegrass.

I have been using "barn hay" from the local feed store and it makes a total mess in my rabbit room....it is so dusty and horrible.

I have only ordered 1/2 bluegrass & 1/2 3rd cut timothy from Kleenmama's. Does anyone know if the 2nd cut timothy is dusty at all? I was very satisfied with the order I placed almost a year ago, but want to be sure I'll get the same quality this time.

I just ordered 45 lbs of the 2nd cut timothy from Kleenmamas.

:bunnydance:

I got my last order from Bunnybales.
It was okay, but it was 1st cut...had lots of stems and heads.
Not enough leafy stuff to suit the buns.....a lot ended up as bedding.
Chippy keeps hiding it under her blanket.:expressionless

I have only ordered 1/2 bluegrass & 1/2 3rd cut timothy from Kleenmama's. Does anyone know if the 2nd cut timothy is dusty at all? I was very satisfied with the order I placed almost a year ago, but want to be sure I'll get the same quality this time.
I ordered the same thing last year but when that was out I ordered the 2nd cut timothy. It wasn't quite as nice as the third cut but it was still very clean (dust-free) and the rabbits still liked it better than anything else I've gotten them.

JimD wrote:
I just ordered 45 lbs of the 2nd cut timothy from Kleenmamas.
I got the order from Kleenmamas yesterday.

All I can hear from the buns is "num-yummy-nom-nom-nom-mmmphhfff"

:biggrin2:

It's really nice, and fresh, and aromatic, and ripped-outta-my-hands-before-I-can-put-it-down good!!

Two thumbs up!!!:thumbup:thumbup

I so wish we could order this hay in Canada. I contacted the company and was told they only ship pellets to Canada.:(

Susan:(

The second cutting isnt very dusty. My buns just love it! The third cutting is always the absolute best, but the second is still very nice.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I placed my pre-order last week. They are supposed to start shipping tomorrow. I'm so excited (doesn't take much to get me going does it, lol!). The bluegrass was very nice though; I had 45 lbs. of it.

How would you say that 45lbs compares to a bale, is it about the same? Just trying to see how much 45lbs actually is.

Thanks!

My shipment (45 lbs.) arrived a few days ago - it's gorgeous!

And maybe I'm "weird," but I prefer the 2nd cut timothy to the 3d cut. (So far, so does my bun, believe it or not.)

The box felt ten times heavier than last year!! Seriously, 45 lbs. is tightly packed in a smaller-sized box from last year's yield.

If you wish, mix with more economical hay also gives them variety.

Our sanctuary gang, fosters, and family have no grumpy faces about Kleenmama's.
DHL express has PDQ service. Third cut is good for our disabled kids with fragile muscular and skin concerns. Anyone ever get a hay sliver embedded in their finger?

You can tell when they pick out the yucky stuff, and leave it laying.

Kleenmama's has good stuff. :agree

spoh: A bale and a 45-lb. box are equally heavy for wimpy arms. Not saying you have wimpy arms, but I do! 50 lb. vs. 45 lbs? Bales and a KMS box are a challenge to carry over my shoulder ... lug in the doorway.

KMSHayloft 45 compressed box size is 20-in H x 16-in W by 17-in D. Fits almost entirely on a wooden kitchen chair. Wouldn't advise a barstool chair. HTH,

Kleenmama's now has boxes of 3rd cut Timothy hay that you can pre-order. I pre-ordered mine and it will ship out of Nov. 11th.

I finally caved and charged the $40 total to my credit card. I bought 35lbs of it.

Will credit card debt ever go away? Ryan and I only have about $600 in total, but argg....once you go to put money on it to pay it off, it racks back up again :p.

undergunfire wrote:
Kleenmama's now has boxes of 3rd cut Timothy hay that you can pre-order. I pre-ordered mine and it will ship out of Nov. 11th.

I finally caved and charged the $40 total to my credit card. I bought 35lbs of it.

Will credit card debt ever go away? Ryan and I only have about $600 in total, but argg....once you go to put money on it to pay it off, it racks back up again :p.
Third cut...already? Goodness, I haven't even opened my 25 lb. box of 2nd cut yet. I have a lot of mediocre hay to use up and I fear that if I opened my Kleenmama's that I would discard the other hay, which is getting eaten.

Tanx a butt wiggle for the update undergunfire!! Karla and Tamm will be happy it's ready for pre-order. yah, slavetoabunny, I hear ya. I've been sneaking in economical hay from bales, and Zupreem, and Oxbow Orchard Grass and the guys/gals are like Sherlock Holmes NoseHounds. Gotta love it. :brownbunny

I am sory if this is a stupid question but I always just buy my timothy hay from the pet store. What is 2nd and 3rd cut timothy hay? Is it something better I should be feding my bunnies?

Thanks Amy

ETA ok I found some info on the website about the different types. Do you find that rabbit does prefer a certain cut? Is it bad to buy timothy hay from the pet store? Thanks again

Hi there!

Not a stupid question at all! Store bought hay is usually just fine for bunnies. A lot of us with multiple bunnies just buy from places online that sell in bulk to save money. Those store bought bags are expensive when youre feeding six bunnies!

In addition, the store bought stuff is often sort of dusty and not as fresh. Ive found that ordering from Kleenmama I get very fresh hay that the bunnies go nuts for. :)

Hope that helps!

Haley

PS. If you want your name changed to something else (thats not your email address) let me know and Im happy to change it :)

TreasuredFriend wrote:
The box felt ten times heavier than last year!! Seriously, 45 lbs. is tightly packed in a smaller-sized box from last year's yield.
I agree! I thought they messed up and sent me less until I opened it and saw how tightly it was packed. Too bad shipping isnt less expensive because of this!

Back