Kit Colors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLuvMyLilBuns

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1401145681.555075.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1401145726.542193.jpg

How do I tell which are broken or solid? (black tort) If someone can tell which are broken and solid that would be great. (I'm pretty sure the small one is a peanut)

looks like you have 3 broken and 2 solid. the one my be a peanut. also they look a bit thin. make sure the mom is feeding them well.

i would put it down. right now it is only steeling milk that the other kits would normally get.

We don't usually put a peanut down unless it's obviously suffering. Ours don't usually live more than 3-4 days and take so little milk that it doesn't hurt the others. If you had a large litter it might be different.

Last edited:
I let nature take its course. Peanuts do not survive no matter what you do, but in the meantime, they provide more warmth for their siblings and experience for their dam.

Some kits with other genetic conditions, like the max factor gene, CAN survive but they experience permanent physical disability. Out of respect for their eventual quality of life, those kits must be humanely euthanized.

Fortunately (though unfortunately), peanuts are not able to survive and euthanasia is not a concern in that case. Some breeders do put them down to avoid the waiting game.

Latest posts

Back