Kirby's Lion Safari

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed something really cute, Karen. All three of the bunnies have the same coloring in the face- they all have that darker nose and ears. They would make a handsome trio :)

Your right Haley I hadn't noticed that either. Last night the little man made his bunny trail in front of the girls condo then proceeded to bunny flop down in the middle, lean against the condo and relax. Gigi was on the inside sort of bunny flopping back in a more alert fashion. Gin was sitting in the corn looking disgusted. He's going to have to work extra hard on her I think.
Given the chance this weekend after grad parties and such we are going to try a session in the bathroom and see how it goes with Gigi first.
He's getting really fluffy now his fur is coming back like a skirt all along his sides.
He has to poodle pom-poms on his butt right now that are silly looking, so now he makes me laugh coming or going:bunnydance:

Well Kirby is celebrating this weekend, as it is the first time in almost 3 weeks he hasn't had to take that yucky medicine. So after some snuggles yesterday morning. Which he was suspicious of becasue that usually means meds. he got down to run around and did the highest flying binkies I have ever seen he easily cleared 15 inches and running full throttle. Adding mid air twists and reverse directions. He was one happy bunny.

Then he went and left his bunny trail in front of the girls and
2622855964_c0156d80d1.jpg

Well today when I let the girls out for their run Ginger must have decided that she wasn't going to let that little royal twirp out do her. She was running around and doing half binkies ( thats all the higher she can lift her tubby butt) Even Gigi was stunded at the action. Gi is usally the one to binky and run. While Ginger wore her self out and spent the afternoon sleeping on her Italian tile.

Kirbys turn tonight and after running a bit and munching on some fresh thyme and oregeno from the garden he decided this was where he wasgoing to do the bunny flop tonight
2622869698_9fc0669edd.jpg

I thought by putting two corner pans on either end of the girls condo maybe he would use them. Yeah well this wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Haley I don't know if you can tell from these pictures but he's getting to be quite the fluff ball and he loved the fress herbs, I only picked a few to try but he was munching fast and looking for more.
I was going to work on bonding today but Megs BF's parents are driving up from Ohio tomorrow so it was a mad dash to get things cleaned up and defluffed.

Aww look at the little wookie! His hair sure is coming in nice and full!

So are the girls more active with him around? I know you said before how they would lay around alot, do they do more with him in the same room now??

Im so happy his abscess is gone. Those things are nasty to deal with!

That boy is just ADORABLE! I love his poofy little face! He looks like such a little TURD! (that's what I call little imps like Bo! ) and I love him!

His girls are quite pretty! hubba hubba, Kirby!

As a lionhead breeder, I have to say that Kirby has one of the cutest faces I've seen for lionheads...

I agree! When he looks at you straight on you cant even see his eyes he's so fluffy, but from the side he's stunning!

This is one of my favorite Kirby pics I have:

January2008294.jpg

Thought you might like to save it, Karen :)

Thanks Haley, I actually copied and saved that picture the first time you posted it. Sent to everybody telling this was the rabbit I wanted. So you see Kirby was bound to end up here even if I had to bunnynap him LOL.

Thanks Peg we think he's pretty amazing too.
He makes me laugh when ever I see that fuzz face. :biggrin2:

And he is a little Turd. Trying to round him up at night to go "home" is a real trick. I don't know if he refuses or he hasn't quite learned the Kirby go home command. We have to fence up the corner behind his pen then herd him that way and he zips so fast sometime he changes directions faster then you can think. Then you have to get around behind him again and start over.

Mocha used to do that but you knew he understood he just wanted to run a few more laps and then springboard in the pen. Kirby just doesn't want to go.:hbunnysmell:

haha, yeah he would never go into his cage when he was here! Mike couldnt catch him, I was the only one who could and it was only when I could corner him in an area where he couldnt out-maneuver me!

Hes such a little stinker!

And he is a little Turd. Trying to round him up at night to go "home" is a real trick. I don't know if he refuses or he hasn't quite learned the Kirby go home command. We have to fence up the corner behind his pen then herd him that way and he zips so fast sometime he changes directions faster then you can think. Then you have to get around behind him again and start over.

Mocha used to do that but you knew he understood he just wanted to run a few more laps and then springboard in the pen. Kirby just doesn't want to go.
My guess is that he knows what "home" means. It means avoid your cage at all costs:biggrin2:. It think he must know when it's getting late and you head him toward his cage. He did that at our house just in the week we had him. He would squeeze behind the cage instead. Any other time I'd walk in the room and half the time he'd be sitting in the cage but try and make him go there when you want... NO WAY.

Yep, a Turd.

So glad his abscess is gone!

Kirby's adorable! and so are the G-Girls :D

So, Kirby's still leaving doots all along the perimeter of the gated community, eh?

Here's sending you good vibes for the bonding, I hope someday to see pics of the girls snuggling with his royal highness :biggrin2: I'm also quite nervous, anticipating how bonding my trio is going to be like in the future. but that will only happen another 5 months or so down the line.. we'll see how it goes then! fingers crossed!

Oh His Royal fluffiness is getting better about the bunny trail. I put two corner litter pans at each end of the girls condo He Puts most of his mail their with just a few scattered in between. But don't startle him when he's in the corner pans he leaps out of them sending litter flying in all directions. There is a picture above of him lounging in one of them.
Friday the girls where out and about lounging behind their favorite chair. My dd got Kirby out and was cuddle him when she was done she let him loose and he headed straight for the condo. When he saw the door was open he made himself at home trying out the litter pan and water bottle then up to the second floor to roll in their fleece blanket and play with the reed ball. He even hopped up on the mezzanine to check out the view something the girls can't do because they don't jump as high as he does. He kept rattling their dishes and I was sure the would wake up and come running.
When he was done rolling everywhere in the condo he went racing out of it before I could catch him and ran (you guessed it) right behind the chair and into the girls. No one expected it and everybunny jumped before too much fur was flying I herded the girls home and gave them a treat for the trauma that boy causes.

Here's a few new Pictures I tried to get a side shot so everyone could see how funny he looks from the side, his coat is coming in with a skirt along the bottom sides and he has a fuzzy bum you can hardly tell where his tail is. Everything is coming in in tufts so it makes him look even goofier. Of course he wouldn't cooperate so heres what we have.

Dozing off I think (who could tell)
2690028093_80120e0f11.jpg

Peeking through the cottage you can see the tufts on his bum in this one a bit.
2690845166_99f7818f9d.jpg

He's in there somewhere
2690023153_5cef136bb6.jpg

(the cord in front of him isn't plugged in its from the vacuum and I was getting ready to wind it up)
Hopefully it won't be so hot this weekend and we can try some bonding in the bath room away from the A/C

Look at that little fluffball! Glad to hear he's doing so well (and being a bit better about the litterbox). He does send litter flying when he leaps out of the litterbox for some reason! Little stinker.

Let me know how bonding goes. Sounds like he wants the ladies as his friends but theyre a bit resistent. Cant say as I blame them, he is a little weirdo ;)

Thanks for the update! I'll love to see how his coat comes in this fall. Mr. Tumnus's coat is always really think in the fall and winter.

Haley if the little stink wasn't such a little spazz I think they would be a bit more receptive. but the way he bounces around them he's like Winnie poohs Tigger, Boing Boing Boing!
Does Tumnus have a fuzzy/furry skirt? Kirby looks even goofier right now the way it has come in. His body looks even smaller with all the fur around the outside edges. He sure is soft though. But now he has another reason not to want to sit with me He hates to be brushed.:? So I have to get all my cuddling in first then grab the brush. And what a little snoop he knows how to nudge the gates and sneak down the hall into the kids room and under the bed. So far he isn't interested in Kiri's Guitar and Amp. thank god

He is a little tigger! And he loves to hide under beds- when he was at Kirsten's house while I was on vacation he used to sneak under her son's bed and refuse to come out.

He had a little bit of a skirt when he was here before he shed most of it off. It will probably all come back in thicker. Tumnus has a little one but not too bad- sometimes I trim his with scissors if its looking too long. I trimmed Kirby's a little when he was here at first bc it looked so goofy with lttle tufts sticking out his behind. You'll want to get him in a bunny burrito flip him and cradle him in your arm for that so he's out. lol

Well Kirby made a rode trip this last week. He got to go and meet his grandparents. The highlight of the trip was getting a big playpen to live in right next to the girls. They spent the weekend leaning against each other through the bars.

I had to take Meg back to college and then took a train trip to Chi Town for a quick shopping adventure/convention. So the Bunns got to stay at Gramma's Bunny Hotel.
We set up to 4x4 play pens and put all their stuff in each one. Everyone did well and traveled just fine,
Gramma spoils them with little fruit treats and we restocked our papaya tablets so everyone was happy.
Will try to post pictures soon Meg took the card reader with her back to School so I have to find a camera connection around here somewhere.:running bunny

Im so glad to hear our little man is doing well and that he and the girlies had a great time. Its too bad they wont just bond already!

For some reason Kirby has been on my mind this week. I must miss the little dude and his floating head. Has his fur come in nicely yet?

Thanks so much for the update!

Kirby is a fluff ball. Looking at Pictures of Mr Tunmus and Daisy I wasn't expecting so much fluff. I brush him everyday when I let him out to run. He will never love me LOL. He has a full skirt/saddle down his sides and bottom. It looks like dreads if I leave it for a couple days. He hates the furminator but it lets me get done with the nasty deed faster so he can take off. I'd love to trim the sides but he would never hold still for me I'm sure.
Now that Meg is gone back to college and her stuff us out of the dining room I think I'll rearrange the houses so they are side by side here too. This might help with the bonding.
Before we left last week Meg had him out cuddling him and when I came into the room she handed him off to me. We cuddled for a bit them I set him on the floor. just as he took off I realized the girls where out as well. He goes right for their condo and goes in and snoops around like Goldilocks.When he came out Gigi saw him moving across the living room she went over to him and then scooted behind the chair with Ginger. Well Kirby has to charge right in and around they went. I squirted them all with water and they broke it up. But as soon as the girls ran to their Condo away he goes right in after them. So then I'm climbing over chairs to chase him down and out. He would try being a little more laid back and not so spastic it would probably go better.

Latest posts

Back