kind of new to rabbits online but have some questions about flemish giants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnycarrot1

Reaction score
well first let me introduce myself My name is Macaulay I am a 19 year old college student who lives at home because I go to a community college in central Mass. Anyway I own a puggle which is beagle and pug combined she is so cute. I also volunteer with the house rabbit network I help out in the foster home where I live.

I was browsing craigslist and saw a ad for a 1 year old white flemish giant in Bristol RI and hername isCadburyand he had a holland lop rabbit named midnight for sale as well. I sent the owner a email about cadbury. Anyway eddie joesph the owner of cadbury email me back. Eddie says Cadbury was infested with mites worms and was pregnant however she now has a clean bill of health from the vet.

But I am concerned about the owner's claimsas he says he resuces animals from bad people accross RIand has several years of animal experence and breeding however I have no clue what he breeds or if he still does it He also told me he has baby guinea pigs for sale. He says he has many baby animals that are looking for homes that weretaken in by him however I am thinking he is a breeder because like I said he has baby animals and cadbury is not fixed. Also I am thinking he is not a breeder because he custom bulit a hutch for her because she is 23 pounds Do you think I should adopt her ?

I think if you can provide a better home for her than the current owner then go for it! Flemmies are awesome rabbits.

So what questions do you have about flemish giants?

As for taking her, can you provide all that is needed? Space? Time? Money? Can you adequately keep your dog from the rabbit?

My Flemish has her own room. They do need plenty of space and lots of socialization time. There is pouting and she holds a grudge if her schedule is altered without her approval.I have a 13 year old cocker spaniel who is very sweet. They get along very well. We do refer to him as the rabbit's dog. She really likes to be around her dog especially on trips outside or to the petstore. She also likes every dog she meets on our adventures. I would do a slow intro if your new rabbit is not use to dogs and make sure you can separate them if they end up not getting along.

So I'm rather confused by your post. You think he IS a breeder because she isn't fixed but ISNT a breeder because he built her a custome cage? You do know that breeding animals isn't a terrible thing! I have been BREEDING and RESCUING rabbits/cavies for over 10years now. I am a breeder who builds custome cages for my rabbits...

If he is taking his rabbits to the vet you can be fairly sure he isn't that terrible of a person. I know I've never gotten out of a rabbit vets office without atleast $150 bill. If she has a clean bill of health documentation information from a vet you should be able to trust that she is healthy.

I don't know exactly what your questions about flemish are though. Maybe with a more clear addition to your post I could be of some help? I have been raising Flemish for 10years.

Sounds like this person can be a breeder that loves animals and just doesn't pass up the oppurtunity to make life for them better. A breeder that takes its animals to the vet and cares enough to bring them back to good health sounds quite good in my book. I'm guessing you are concerned about him selling you a bred rabbit over a rescued one as he claims...Most breeders that don't care about rescuing vs breeding wouldn't bother claiming they rescue. They usually can find buyers anyway, usually do their own thing and have the "I don't care if it pleases you or not" attitude. I'd just be careful about any exaggerated selling prices. :)

While I am all for flemish. I also know HRN has tons of bunnies up for adoption currently I don't think the have flemish. I would talk to someone there and see if they know this person. They know so many people. Also Sweet Binks who is RI have several flemish up for adoption. If you do get her I would ask to talk to the vet so you can have her records sent to your vet.

P.S. I LOVE HRN. They are my second fave rescue after the one I foster for.

Latest posts

Back