Kidney Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get a probiotic for him like benebac. this can reestablish the normal bacteria in his gut. Benebac is sold at petco stores. Diarrhea is serious in rabbits.

you need to get food in him whether he wants it or not. If he doesn't want CC you could try wetting his pellets down into a gruel and using a syringe to get that into him. The other thing is canned pumpkin without seasoning.

treatment ha to be aggressive as he will slowly starve to death.

Please try to get the records from you vet so you will know what you are treating.

Rabbits do not just"bounce back"with a health issue

; they are fragile animals that will succumb quickly.

if you would let us know what state you are in it's possible for other members to help you find a vet that possibly could help him more than the one that you took him too.

My dad just went to go buy some of the benebac and some canned pumpkin without seasoning. How much of each do I give him a day?

Also just now when I washolding himit sounded like he was chattering his teeth. Any idea why he would do that?

http://www.rabbit.org/vets/vets.html

If none of these vets are near you then get out the phone book and begin to call vets in your area. Ask them whether they treat a lot of rabbits and exotic animals.

Read the article in the lin re. what questions to ask.

Not all the vets are on the list so it's still possible that there is a vet near you who treats rabbit illnesses.
If you still could get the copies of the tests that were run on your bunny yesterday it would be helpful

He seems to be doing a little better. He went pee twice so far that I've seen(just a small amount)but his poo seems kind of stuck together. He's moved aroundin his cage some more and his eyes seem to be more bright and wide open than they were. I did see him eatting a few pieces of hay earlier as well (on his own). Still haven't seen him drink any water though.

My dad picked up some of the benebac & unseasoned canned pumpkin. He seemed to enjoy the pumpkin and ate some of it. I'm going to give him some more before I go to bed.

I did call another vet in the area that deals with rabbits. She said everything the other onedid sounded right and theres not much else they could do.

Thanks tonyshuman...but...

Toby ,
we still don't know exactly what is wrong with your bun!

so whenyou talked to the2nd vet what did he say that made you feel that he agreed with the first vet?
keep up the syringe feeding and the fluids ..
and keep us posted

Ok so here's an update....

He's started to move around some more. I took him outside yesterday and he ran around just a little bit. I took him out today and he didn't want to run but I brought him back in the house and he ran around for a little while. He's eaten a bit of hay on his own but for some reason he likes me to hand feed it to him (holding it while he grabs it out of my hand). I haven't seen him eat any pellets though or drink out of his water bottle. I did take a bowl last night and fill it with water which he drank out of right away. He's also drank a bit of the water out of the bowl today as well.He's started going to the bathroom again but his poops are really tiny. I'm still giving him his meds and feeding him some of the canned pumpkin & some pedialyte.

This is the first rabbit I've ever raised so I was really unaware of all the problems they can face. This is the first thing I've had wrong with him in the 5 years since I got him. So yeah he seems to be getting some what better. Any more suggestions that can help him out on moving along onthe right path?

the most important thing that you can do you' re already doing well. Keep him hydrated (fluids ) and keep food going in and poops coming out.
You may want to try some greens or a different kind of hay , nothing too sweet or rich but something to keep stimulating his appetite.

Are you continuing the medication..if so that could be helping him.

You also may want to check back with your vet. next week
I'm glad tht you came back
you're doing a good job :)

maureen

Latest posts

Back