Kiara's Going Back To The Vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:groupparty:Kiara is okay. wooowhooo!!!

maybe try Carefresh. my Kweli was sneezing alot with shavings in hercage, i switched to Carefresh, and she is okay now. i get Carefresh atPetsmart, it's a bit more expensive than shavings, but is well worth it.

Do you keep Kiara outside?

Nicole

All of mine are outside. That's why I can't usenormal pet litter. I need something in long strands that she can burrowin like straw or shredded paper.

Brrrrrr.... (wondering what province you are in)

Well Carefresh can kinda stick together, or be pulled apart. it's worth a try to check it out.

Good Luck!

Nicole

Lol, I'm in Alberta. My boys handle it well asthey have always been outside and I avoid trying to move them into thegarage (we do when it drops below -30*C/-22*F) because they get verystressed about it as they have never been inside for very long. Kiarawas born outside so she should be ok an adapt well to the weather. Iplan on bringing her into the garage when it gets below -20*C though.

Try marsh hay. It rocks for allergy-ridden buns(low dust), and great for winter. Plus it smells like noneother.....looove that smell....

Rose

I've never seen Marsh hay for sale here. I've only seen Alfalfa, Timothy, and Brome hay. :(Too bad though.

I'm wondering if investing in hay cubes is a good idea for her? Forthose that don't know, hay cubes are compressed hay in small squares. Iimagine it would be great for keeping teeth trim, too.

i just bought alfalfa cubes for my girls, theyseem to like them. and since thay get timothy hay, i thought it wouldbe a nice treat. i too was wondering if the cubes were good for theirteeth.

Nicole

I'm going to keep her on hay for this yearbecause I already have the Alfalfa hay she'll need until she's oldenough to be switched onto Timothy and then I have Timothy bales thatwill last me until next summer and then some. Maybe next year I'll getless bales of hay and get a sack of Timothy cubes. Unless anyone sees areason why I should keep her on hay.

Latest posts

Back