Keoki's vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbgrl20

Reaction score
today I took keoki to the dr b/c he had bald spotss by both his eyes with sores:shock: When I saw them I knew exactly where they came from...Mocha. She is always grooming him on the eyes always, and when she really gets into the grooming she tends to use her teeth and thats where the sores came from.

the doc told me I am going to have to keep them separate!:( since rabbits are prone to abcesess.

Oh, I dont know what to do. I know I am going to keep them separated until keoki's eyes heal, but they are bonded and I don't know where I am going to build another cage. I am thinking to keep her as free range, since she does pretty good out.

Also keoki is on anitbiotics for a week just in case of any infection and I also told her that he sneezed a couple times this week.

I am going to have to keep mocha separate from any rabbit b/c that is where she grooms the bunnies, it is just the first place she goes for. but I don't want to have her as a lone rabbit b/c she likes to be with the others!

What to do!!

Maybe have the two cages right next to each other so they still are close to each other, but Mocha can't over groom?

I hope everything works out :(.

I would but the wall I have them on is full:shock:. Ahhh, i know there is a solution I just have yet to figure it out.

The pic in my avatar even show Mocha going for the eyes! lol

Latest posts

Back