Keeping my bun cool??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rochy

Reaction score
I have read that it's best to not have a fan directly on your bun.
I was wondering if that would still apply if the fan was one that is much higher than the cage is (cage is on the ground), a few feet away from the cage and on medium level.
In that case would it be okay to not have the fan spinning and leave it in the direction of the cage??
I went to ground level with the cage and could barely feel a breeze, although there was a slight breeze.

I have a fan in my rabbit shed and it is on a rotation cycle, so that it is never on one cage for too long. It doesn't actually cool the bunnies, but it circulates the air and helps remove the heat. Some people have suggested putting a damp cloth over the bunnies cage and then blowing the fan on it, as it makes a cool breeze :)

You can also try frozen water bottles, cold ceramic tiles, ice cubes in water and misting your bunny.

my bunny likes it when i freeze two water bottles and place them together with a little space in between and then i put a towel or a blanket over it and she'll lay in between the bottles. you could also make bunny popsicles by blending some fruits or veggies together and freezing them in an ice tray and letting your bun lick them

my bunny likes it when i freeze two water bottles and place them together with a little space in between and then i put a towel or a blanket over it and she'll lay in between the bottles. you could also make bunny popsicles by blending some fruits or veggies together and freezing them in an ice tray and letting your bun lick them

I normally do the water bottles in the summer, but I love the idea of the rabbit popsicles! I will definitely try that!

All 28 of mine have clip on battery powered cage fans they love them. About 19 pounds each on ebay without batteries

Latest posts

Back