Keeping Dexta warm?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wytche

Reaction score
I'll be picking Dexta up tomorrow and would like to know what's the best way to keep him warm. His cage will be in my study and it does get cold here at night. Can I put a small blanket in the cage?

Bunnies do quite alright in 50-60 F (sorry, don't know my Celcius conversion!) degree weather. It is important to have shelter from the wind though, so that the bunny has something to shield himself with. A blanket doesn't hurt and they can snuggle in there if they feel cold.

Bunnies tend to have a tougher time with extreme heat than cold.

Thanks for that info. Well he'll be inside of course away from any wind. I just want to be sure he's well looked after :)

Could you pop a snug cardboard box in there for him to sleep in? My boy sleeps inside his box, it's just tipped up with a 'door' cut into it. I thought he'd play with it and destroy it but he's decided it's his bedroom. It'll add an extra layer of insulation and if it's snug enough his body temp will heat it up.

amalie wrote:
Could you pop a snug cardboard box in there for him to sleep in? My boy sleeps inside his box, it's just tipped up with a 'door' cut into it. I thought he'd play with it and destroy it but he's decided it's his bedroom. It'll add an extra layer of insulation and if it's snug enough his body temp will heat it up.

Really good idea. I was thinking of one of those cat cubby houses, you know the soft kind that you put in the corner of a room.

Latest posts

Back