Kaytee Exact

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently told me that Kaytee was discontinuing Rabbit Exact. (She was trying to order several cases from them, but was told it was discontinued.)

Another friend called Kaytee to complain, and was told it will be sold under a new name, and with new packaging.

Just a heads up.

Also, if anyone uses Kaytee Rabbit Exact on a regular basis, it might not be a bad idea to call Kaytee and let them know you use it, and to keep it around.

I had a heart-attack moment when a friend told me they had heard this as well. I checked with both my supplier (Rabbit Stop) and Kaytee. Rabbit Stop told me only the 2.5 bags were being discontinued ... the 4 lb bags would still be available. Kaytee told me they were discontinuing it. Thankfully... Steve at Rabbit Stop followed up and I heard back from Kaytee that their response was an error!

Since Rainbow Exact is the only extruded diet widely available in the US (and its merits are recognized by British veterinarians) ... I sincerely hope they will continue making KTRE!

Kathy Smith

:threadhijacked: to say... Wonderful to see you on RO, Ms. Kathy Smith!!! :D Thank you for all of your work for rabbits!

*ahem* (Creeping off now that outburst is over...)

I'll have to talk to my friend about this. She announced it at last month's HRS meeting, saying she had called Kaytee to order a case of the Rabbit Exact, and they told her it was no longer available. She asked everyone to call and complain.

A couple weeks later, I emailed her to confirm the brand, and she said another person in our group had called, and *he* was told it was just being put in a different package with a different name.

I posted about it here, since I think some people here use that feed.

Our meeting is early this month, because of Valentine's Day, so I'll check in with her then. Hopefully it was just an error on the part of the people on the phone.

I was alerted to this by a friend in MN. The first reply I got from Kayteetried to switch me to something else in their line. What I like about Rainbow Exact is that it is extruded ... and Harcourt-Brown discusses the benefits of this in certain GI problems. Also, I understand some vets recommend it for reducing molar spurs (one of the reasons I use so much of it).

This is the second reply I got from Kaytee, which also copied the owner of Rabbit Stop:

I sincerely apologize for any confusion from Kaytee on the status of the Exact Rabbit formula. Steve at Rabbit Stop is correct, the 4lb is an active sku. I have attached a conversion chart for you that shows our substitution of the smaller packaging and what we have officially discontinued. I also called customer service so that we are not giving out incorrect information.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you for your support of Kaytee Products.

I don't know what you were paying for it locally, but I have found it much cheaper online than in the stores. And I highly recommend Rabbit Stop for price and service!

Kathy

Thanks for the info, Kathy! I don't personally use the Kaytee Exact, but I do know a few people who do. I will pass on the information!

Latest posts

Back