Kaytee Barn Habitat & Hay Silo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty small, what would you use it for? The silo is a cute idea :D

Wrangler is a house rabbit. He is never stuck in a cage unless we're traveling. I am thinking about setting up a larger potty box because he makes a mess faster and easier with the smaller box. Also I feel like I am having an issue with wasted hay and he likes it FRESH (which I don't blame him).

I could see that working, as long as he fits through the doors on the side easily, otherwise if you have to keep the lid off the silo won't attach very well. But I can see it working well as a litter box/hay area. Bandit also loves the "fresh" hay best too.

I could see that working, as long as he fits through the doors on the side easily, otherwise if you have to keep the lid off the silo won't attach very well. But I can see it working well as a litter box/hay area. Bandit also loves the "fresh" hay best too.

I am not concerned about the doors because Wrangler is a dwarf bun and on the box I believe it says it's made especially for guinea pigs and dwarf breed rabbits. I do question about how leaping in and out would affect his joints since he is approx. 8-9 years old. I've converted him to a much smaller box with short sides.

Also, I wonder about the silo and whether or not the hay falls freely as the rabbit eats or if I am going to have to continuously push down the hay with my hand.

You could always add a little step on either side of the door, or a little ramp to make it easier. As for the hay getting stuck in the silo, I think if you have long strand hay as he pulls out a piece I would think it should pull more hay down with it, but it's hard to know for sure.

You could always add a little step on either side of the door, or a little ramp to make it easier. As for the hay getting stuck in the silo, I think if you have long strand hay as he pulls out a piece I would think it should pull more hay down with it, but it's hard to know for sure.

Making a ramp is a good idea and I think it would be pretty easy to construct.

I think I am going to go back and purchase it. I just love the idea of the slow-feeder to help reduce hay waste.

Back