Katmai's Update!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmais_mommy

Reaction score
He was diagnosed with Pasteurella :(but the vet said he'll be fine as long as he has a stress-free and clean environment and it will be easier if he is neutered which he isn't. So, once I have enough money, I will neuter him ASAP since his birthday is March 16th. He is on antibiotics right now for 10 days and it's supposed to clear him of his symptoms. I've already seen a bit of improvement, so I'm praying he gets better.

i was afraid of this,,bless you,,read up on this dreadful bacterial disease,,bunny may require meds as this comes and goes.//.it is or can be stress related,,what i mean is a sick rabbit is generally stressed anyway,,good diet of hay,watewr some pellets and treats will help.!!sincerely james waller

It is something that is in rabbits to begin with. Stress can bring on episodes,as can weakened immune systems. I have a bunny that is HIGH pasteurella and he does just fine now.

What antibiotics did they give you? Also 10 days is kind of short. I would ask for atleast 2weeks. Myself I do 3weeks.

I agree with Ali, 10 days isn't long enough, and it's important to know what antibiotics they gave you. I say 14 days is a minimum, 20 days is better.

The vet said 10 days, so I'm sticking with that. Then I'll call him with an update. He said Katmai will be fine as long as he has a good diet and a stress-free environment. He also said I caught it early before it got any worse.

He has been an exotic/small animal vet for over 20 years, so I fully trust him with Katmai.

Back