Kashi looks miserable again.. (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty88

Reaction score
He doesn't want to move, but this doesn't look like gas or stasis for once. I found him this morning lying in a sphynx position, but with his front legs splayed out and his chin almost on the floor. He hasn't eaten anything willingly in a few hours now. I forcefed a little ground up pellet mush a little while ago. He's lying in a pet bed with a hot pack and a blanket over him. He also has a hard crust around his nose, and appears to be making sounds through his nose when he breathes.

He's tried to hop around a few times and seemed very wobbly, but nothing like Gracie was with her head tilt. He walked backward about a foot until he was next to his litterbox and kind of just peed without picking up his tail. But he's also purred a couple of times while
I pet him.

He was my baby. One hundred percent my heart bunny. I'm honestly destroyed right now. I can't even bring myself to close the door to his cage yet because I don't want to admit he's not coming home.

He was almost six years old. I thought he might have the sniffles so I was keeping him warm and fed just hoping he'd make it to Friday morning, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'm so upset. I feel like I failed him. I should've known something was wrong. I should've known.

I actually commissioned an oil portrait of him this morning. And I picked out a beautiful urn, I just want to make sure my boyfriend likes it too. I just want to cry until my eyes pop out. I'm heart broken.

Thank you, so much, for the prayers and warm wishes. It's wonderful to have people understand how painful it is. Even now, I keep catching myself walking to my room to pet him. I loved him more than anything. He was my baby boy.

So you aren't really sure what even happened?
Im taking mine to the vet tomorrow unless he suddenly gets a lot better.

I know you can never replace your bun and I've gone through a lot of animal deaths that I were very close to but after a few days maybe go see if you can find his twin?

When my dads orange cat died he was devestated it was like if I had brother he had died and he went to the pound and found a kitten that looked identical to his cat that died it really helped him and Im glad he found him cause I dont know how to deal with a deeply depressed parent

I don't think I could handle a Kashi twin. Kashi was so perfect, no other bunny would be able to hold a candle to him. In a few weeks when I'm calmer, I think I would like to bring Gracie to Animal Care and Control in manhattan and see if she can pick a buddy. Hopefully it's a big bunny. I need a good hugger. Oh god, I miss him so much. I'm not handling this well.

I'm so sorry Kitty! Its normal to not handle these situations well, especially when it was a 'heart bunny', the one you're closest too. Wait to calm down, then, if you want to, you can look into another bunny.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss! :(

My baby Dill, a mini-rex, had those same symptoms, fairly frequent gas attacks, turned out to be stomach cancer. I miss him too. :(

So sorry for your loss.

sas :sad:

It breaks my heart to read this. I know how you must feel. I lost a heart bunny this year, too, and it was one of the hardest losses of my life. I relate to everything you're feeling and everything you wrote. So sorry. But Kashi was one of the very luckiest bunnies in the world to live embraced in your love and care.

Binkie Free,
Sweet Kashi
:rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris:

I just feel like I didn't notice the signs. I cleaned out his cage today and lifted the carpet in his condo for the first time sine he moved in to it about 3 weeks ago. The carpet apparently hid the stains well, but it looked like he'd been peeing in the corner he usually hunkered down it for at least a week or two. How didn't I realize......?

We lost our Commander Bun_bun just after she turned 6 too. Don't think we did any thing wrong, it was just time. We lost Bonny when she was 3 and we were devastated also. Coal made it to almost 14, but like Ted (13) she was showing her age and slowing down. Blaming yourself does no one any good. Best to remember the happy times and look toward the future. We still do miss our Commander Bun-Bun as she was our very first. Blessed Be.

please try not to beat yourself up about what you could've done differently! you gave him a wonderful life and a loving home - experiences that far too many bunnies in the world miss out on. if you catch yourself starting to feel guilty, remind yourself that his life was SO much better for having you in it!

The hard part is when its all of a sudden. In any death its always easier on us to have more time with them before they go but that usually means more pain for them.
And then if they go quick and sudden even though easier on them its harder on us. :sad:

Latest posts

Back